Hid - Low Beam Install (pics)

Hey Guys ... This is not a "How To" ... but just thought I would show off my install of my HID kit. What do you think on how I hid them? These are the 6000K - 9006 (low beam) set.

I tucked these bad boys in nice and cleanly. They do look factory. Look at the photo's with the plastic shrowd replaced. Barely noticeable.

Drivers Side - I removed the plastic shrowd. I got the ballast tucked in up against the Radiator support. I removed he fender support, and I did need to remove the Battery, and take the bolt out of the washer fill tube. Nicely tucked in. Had to drill only one hole to mount the ballast. I did replace the washer fill tube bolt, but used a couple of washers as spacers. That way there was no pinching of wires.

HID6.jpg

HID4.jpg

HID9.jpg

HID8.jpg

Passanger Side ... Same drill. Just didn't have to remove anything. There was enough room to run all wires between the Radiator Shrowd and the Volant Air Box. Once agian, only one small hole to drill to hold the Ballast bracket.

HID5.jpg

HID3.jpg

HID2.jpg

HID7.jpg

Finished Product ... LOL ... :thumbs:

HID1.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I do like them ... only thing is, I only drove them in the pouring rain last night .... We shall see on a nice clear night.

nice clean install! :cheers: I mounted mine in the same location when I got mine. Only diffrence is I mounted them so the wires were on the down side, looks a little cleaner.

Hmmmm ... May have to do a flip ... nice tip...

I do like them ... only thing is, I only drove them in the pouring rain last night .... We shall see on a nice clear night.

Hmmmm ... May have to do a flip ... nice tip...

if you flip them you have a better chance of no water getting in the connectors.

Sweet dude glad to see you went with Art, don't you think its a much better kit overall in comparison to the previous kit we both had?

It is a far more decent set. I was sold on the Lifetime Ballast Warranty ... These are incredibly quite, just a slight Hmmmmm. And for only $180.00 shipped, was not a bad deal.

Stiches, I've been thinking about buying some 6000k hid's myself...How exactly do they connect??? Any tips would be great, Thanks.

This kit is definetly "Plug and Play". Noting to worry about. All you need to do is find a nice location to mount the ballast. (Like I did above). Art (12'sRock) is great to work with, plus for his price. You are getting a 1 year warranty on Bulb and a Lifetime warranty on Ballast. Not a bad Deal. This is my second HID system. The first was top notch crap from China. This is a better quality kit for sure.

Look at the link Art supplied you above ... super quick and easy on the install.

I took my time, and it took me only 45 mins, and that's because I took out my battery and all ...