11.9 mpg

evandostert

Mine is stock and I am showing an average of 14.5 and have seen up to 15.4 when not using it for little errands < 5 miles. I have not taken a road trip yet but am anxious to see what she will do. If I am towing my boat to the lake it drops my average down to 14.0

I am around 14.1, heads, headers, exhaust, intake, programming, cam and shopman bowtie (that is worth at leasat ten horsepower all by itself).

I towed my boat twice and dropped to less than 10 on 100 mile trip. Believe it or not the Suburban gets less than 9 towing the boat so 10 is good.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It must be my heavy foot. but still i have never seen over 12mpg. Not even on the highway. I must admit i cruise around 90mph and have been know to pass cars at over 100mph.

i dont think ive ever seen over 12, but then again i live in the middle of downtown los angeles so that probably has a lot to do with it. traffic is hell here, and i tend to drive a TAD bit on the fast side.

11.1 mpg it was even worse but a trip to france 1500miles brougt it back a little. i now have 6000 mile's on it. Lost my licence for a week with speeding, after this experience mpg went also up.

I just made a 300 mile trip to San Antonio from Dallas. Mostly highway, but I did sit for 30 minutes in Austin stop-n-go traffic. 16.9 avg mpg. I'm logging the miles as well so I'll double check the displays results.

Also, you will get better performance and mileage if you run non-oxygenated or winter blend gas. If I drive out to the country and fill up, my truck feels better, and I notice I get better economy. Most cities require stations to run the environmentally friendly gas, which also bumps up the price per gallon.

Archived