Street Scene Speed Grille Istall Tips Needed

Well I finally got all 5 pieces and I'm trying to install them. I'm working on the main 2 grille pieces right now and I'm a little confused :confused: . The 18 clips they provide that's suppose to clip the grille insert to our front clip can't possible work with our ss mesh grille(dark gray) in the way. they do provider 6 metal tie straps but that's not enough for the main 2 grille pieces.

Should I use some regular zip ties to secure the grille or see about ordering more metal tie straps? there is no way the clips will work with the mesh grille(dark grey) in the way.

Did any of you guys cut this out ot modify it so the clips could be used?

Any help on how you guys did your install would be great!! :cheers:

i have that grille and the clips they provided just need to be forced through the stock grille, i think i used a screw driver to open them a little bit. if its possible though i would try to find another way to mount it because my clips have rusted and they also put little marks on the paint on my grille shell. they work but they're not the best way to mount the grille.

I had no issues installing mine. a few of the clips took alittle good ole fashioned elbow grease, but they all went on. I do keep thinking about cutting the stock "inserts" out with a Dremel.

Yeah I was really thinking hard about that. I used the dremel to drill a few holes in the top of the shell to run the metal tie straps through. I also used the dremel to drill out the bumper duct grilles. The bottom 3 pieces went in pretty easy. It looks pretty sweet, but I might end up using the dremel on the main grille in the end. I'll see if I can post of some pics tonight. :cheers: