Tom Brady Could Be Out For The Season!

SSThunder

Yea I watched the game and seen it. Not a good way to start but Matt Cassel did a good job and ended up winning it for them. But look who they played. Da Chiefs LOL

He did look good though. I'm glad I don't have Brady on my Fantasy Football team, But I do have Wes Welker and I did notice that Matt Cassel didn't throw to Welker as much as Brady did, So with Brady not being their it might hurt my points with Welker.

All I heard was that they were going to do an MRI on Brady tomorrow. Either way I'm sure he'll be out for a little while.

On a side note. I cracked up when I heard an after game show calling the New York Jets. "The New York Brets" LMAO.

I was at the game. I've been a season ticket holder since 99 and I have never seen either of the two stadiums shell shocked the way it was today. Even with the two TDs it wasn't a great vibe. It doesn't look good. As great of a comeback play Moss made on the ball (and then fumbled), I saw Brady get hit and it was obvious it was the left knee. The best part was that he walked off under his own power but at best it's a 6 week injury and most likely season ending. Depends on if it's ACL or MCL. Huge difference. Hopefully it's no more than a strain and not a tear. Cassell looked better today than he did in the pre-season but that isn't saying much. It was against the Chiefs afterall. Most likely the worst team in the NFL. He was a trainwreck in preseason. That being said, with 12 not playing at all in the preseason, the fodder on sports radio was all about the backup quarterbacks. Looks like we will now find out what we got. Either that or look at (I can't believe I'm gonna say this) Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or reunite Culpepper with Moss.

I think I just threw up alittle in my mouth.

Either way, we lose to the J E T S next week and I see no better that 9 and 7. It's gonna be a long year if this is more that a 6 week injury.

EDIT: Chris Simms is visiting Foxboro Monday. I wouldn't be shocked if they bring back cut backup QB Matt Guiterrez either.

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

been following this all day...reports say out for season but no one will know for sure until tommorrow..i'm not a Pats fan at all but hate to see things like that happen..

On a side note i thought it was weak on Randy Mosses part to say it was a cheap shot and it was dirty play..BS

been following this all day...reports say out for season but no one will know for sure until tommorrow..i'm not a Pats fan at all but hate to see things like that happen..

On a side note i thought it was weak on Randy Mosses part to say it was a cheap shot and it was dirty play..BS

I havent heard any of the post game comments but that is BS. it was a low hit, but at clean hit. he wasn't rolled up on or anything. it happens.

my girlfriend guilted me into errands after I got home. not fun. long ass day. the Bears don't look too bad right now though.

Yup bringing in Chris Simms and Tim Rattay, wheres Daunte Caulpepper at? Lets have a good old Viking reunion in New England, get out the goblets!

This is junk. Not only this flushes the season out, but possibly one of the greatest QBs abilities in the game.

This is like Cam Neely..............................Ulf Samuelson :M16: .

Good thing Ken Belanger knocked him out in a Bruins uniform/game.

:puke:

edit-sorry KJT13 did not see you wrote bring in Culpepper also.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

sorry about the re-post, but I was hesitant to say it was a cheap hit just until I saw the picture on that Yahoo sports column that ScottSS04 posted and Bernard Pollards helmet is on Brady's knee...thought hits on the knee and helmet on a qb were flags?

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

i saw it and couldnt believe it, i have welker too on my fantasy team, now im wondering if i should just put him as my reserve. pickin up cassel wouldnt be a bad idea though either. no one really knows how he plays. he hasnt really started a game since highschool, he could be really good????

sorry about the re-post, but I was hesitant to say it was a cheap hit just until I saw the picture on that Yahoo sports column that ScottSS04 posted and Bernard Pollards helmet is on Brady's knee...thought hits on the knee and helmet on a qb were flags?

from the replays i saw the guy was brought down and he lunged trying to wrap up his legs...Its not like he delibratley dove at him helmet first.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

from the replays i saw the guy was brought down and he lunged trying to wrap up his legs...Its not like he delibratley dove at him helmet first.

exactly. he tried to finish the play. that's it. Sammy Morris blocked him and he escaped, crawled and as Brady was releasing, he hit him. it was a legal football play, not a dirty play.

Oh yea, and it's official. he is on IR. out for the year. surgery this week. Belichick also said that they did not bring in anyone for a workout today. Cassel is the guy for the rest of the year.

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)