Remembering September 11th 2001

00silverad0

Well, seeing as how it is officially September 11th today, I would like to dedicate this thread to all the fallen (civilians and public servants) of September 11th 2001.

9/11 , we must never forget. I fly my flag proudly everyday as well as a flag on my license plate, back window and outside my house. I truely am proud of the country I live in every day.

FDNY Remembering our 343 brothers lost that day. While I was not a firefighter at the time (only in 8th grade), that is a day I will truely NEVER FORGET. One of the reasons I am in my career today is due to the braverey of the FDNY and supporting agencys showing an absolute dedication to their country as well as country people. GOD BLESS AMERICA :flag:

Heres the shirt I'm wearing into work tomorrow. My Godmothers father and brother worked out of Hells Kitchen FDNY.

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

Today I ask all my fellow members here on SSS.com to take a moment of silence to reflect on our 3,093 fellow Americans who lost their lives that horrific day, and god bless our troops for all they have sacrificed to keep the U.S. safe. Lets keep the troops in our prayers and lets never forget September 11, 2001. :flag:

In Memory:

Lieutenant John P. Napolitano FDNY Rescue Co. 2

-Ex-Chief & Commisioner Lakeland FD

Firefighter William J. Mahoney Jr. FDNY Rescue Co. 4

-Firefighter Lakeland FD Engine Co. 5

Firefighter Peter Brennan FDNY Squad Co. 288

-Firefighter Lakeland FD Engine Co. 4

Police Officer Glen K. Pettit NYPD Video Unit

Captain James Amato FDNY Squad Co. 1

-Firefighter Lakeland FD Truck Co. 3

:flag: Rest in Peace Brothers :tear::shakehead:

fdpride2-1.jpg

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Today I ask all my fellow members here on SSS.com to take a moment of silence to reflect on our 3,093 fellow Americans who lost their lives that horrific day, and god bless our troops for all they have sacrificed to keep the U.S. safe. Lets keep the troops in our prayers and lets never forget September 11, 2001. :flag:

In Memory:

Lieutenant John P. Napolitano FDNY Rescue Co. 2

-Ex-Chief & Commisioner Lakeland FD

Firefighter William J. Mahoney Jr. FDNY Rescue Co. 4

Firefighter Peter Brennan FDNY Squad Co. 288

-Firefighter Lakeland FD Engine Co. 4

Police Officer Glen K. Pettit NYPD Video Unit

Captain James Amato FDNY Squad Co. 1

-Firefighter Lakeland FD Truck Co. 3

:flag: Rest in Peace Brothers :tear::shakehead:

fdpride2-1.jpg

Wow Dan, I remember you saying that you knew some guys who had fallen in FDNY but I had no idea that you worked in the same department. God bless their families and friends

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

man....7 years have came and gone....i to was in junior high (9th grade) when this tragedy happend

I was in 8th grade, our school tried to hide the news from us and sent everyone home early... None of the kids found out until they got home.

NEVER FORGET.

Rest in peace to the bravest of the brave, 343.

Also, RIP Andrew Fredericks

Lieutenant

Squad 18

Laid to Rest

on

October 8th, 2001

"What can I say? Countless firefighters knew him well, either personally or through his writings and lecture series. He came to us from Engine 48 in The Bronx, but I think he never totally left there. He often would tell us fire stories from "Da Bronx" and our sarcastic reply would be "Why don`t you go back there?" (Of course we did not mean it.) Andy raised our bar at Squad 18. His extensive knowledge transcended to a plane where many of us did not go. For me, Andy was the source of the fringe elements of the Fire Service. When I needed information on subjects such as Fire Protection or response patterns, I called Andy. He was a wealth of information. His insight into the psychological aspect of firefighters was something he was just starting to reveal in his writings."

- Bob Stude, FDNY REt., Squad 18

I Never met Andy, but he was one of my best friends instructors at NYS academy, I've heard some awesome stories that I cherish.....

Say an extra prayer today for all that perished! :(

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

It feels like this was just yesterday. I will never forget this day i was in 10th grade at the time living on Long Island...I did not find out what happened till about 1PM. The teachers were not aloud to talk about it or put there TV's on due to the fact that many people in my school had relatives that worked there. To everyone who lost there lives on that day 7 years ago may you rest in peace. We will never forget. :flag:

I was at work, here in NYC. Only a short distance north of the Twin Towers. I will never forget the people I saw in the street later in the afternoon. It was similar to the old films of refugees that you see, in long lines leaving their homes. There were long lines of people, very quiet, some dirty from the debris that fell, walking toward transportation centers in midtown (Penn Station, Grand Central, Port Authority Bus Station) trying to get out of the city. The city was eerily quiet. Only an occasional siren. Most everyone in the city was worried if it was over, or if something else was going to happen. It is something that will be in our memories forever. :flag:

I will never forget 09-11-01. :flag:

For the current generation, this is our "Pearl Harbor". It is a day we will hopefully remember for the rest of our lives. A day were we will always remember were we where on this day. A day we will remember what we were doing when these terror attacks began to unfold around our country. A day when we will ALL remember those who fell in the line of duty, those who stood up against the terrorist, those who fought back! These Americans didn't think of themselves. They thought it was their job or duty. It was the right thing to do on this day.

We will never forget.

-God bless the USA.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

I will always remember where I was that day. The thing that sticks in my mind were the people jumping out of 70-80 story windows to get away from the fire knowing they're going to die either way.

I think they should show 5-10 minutes of the footage once a month on every TV, satellite, and cable station, because I think too many people easily forget what happened, and why we're at war.

As a former Military Service member who served during 9/11 its my duty to say thank you to all those currently serving as well as we will never forget those who lost there lives on this dreadful day and since then in the war.

I keep you all in my prayers.

Bishop formerly know as SSG Zdan US Army 1998 to 2005