Painted Wheels

Well I recently bought my old 16's back from the guy I sold them to. Tires were bad so I put some 225/70/16 (28.4") on for the track/winter (I had to tell the wife they are winter wheels he he). I'm not a painter by no means but I figured WTH I"ll try it. I think they came out ok, better than the stock look IMO...I guess if I cant go fast at the track at least i'll look good going slow :cheers:

post-7946-1221190616_thumb.jpg

For speedo reasons? Is it going to hurt anything? Please explain, thanks.

It wont hurt anything, your speedometer will be way off thats the only problem, your speedometer will say 60 but you will prob only be going about 50 to 55 mph depending on how much smaller they really are

For speedo reasons? Is it going to hurt anything? Please explain, thanks.

Maybe one of our tuners will chime in, but your tune is set for a 32" tall tire so by running a 28.4"tall tire I believe it will affect your A/F ratio, i.e. it will run richer or leaner (don't remember which way it goes :confused: ) Maybe start a new post asking that question (I have been wrong before, but that is what I was told) The speedo will be off too as already stated.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Maybe one of our tuners will chime in, but your tune is set for a 32" tall tire so by running a 28.4"tall tire I believe it will affect your A/F ratio, i.e. it will run richer or leaner (don't remember which way it goes :confused: ) Maybe start a new post asking that question (I have been wrong before, but that is what I was told) The speedo will be off too as already stated.

Will do :cheers: