Disappointed Ii

CenWaSS

Well if any of you read my "Disappointed" post in the Street section, it got worse. Today I was informed the SS I raced went 14.73 in the 1/4. I must really be going backwards....WTF!!! Since I've added my LT's, TBTC, shift kit, and 160 t-stat I can barely hang with a 14.7 sec SS :cry: As listed in my sig I went 14.39 before with a CAI, catback, and mail order tune. Help me out whats the poop??? I'm going to the track next weekend, if all I can muster up is a mid to hi 14, I may be looking for another ride :rant: Sorry for rant...I would not get ride of my SS, its like part of the family :chevy:

To be continued....

did you have the truck retuned since you added the parts?

what was the temp differance between the two diff. runs?

Yup, I had it retuned when I added the LTs and again when the stall, shift kit, and t-stat were done. Temps were probably close within 10 +/- degrees (70 to 80 deg), I think it was last year (maybe the yr before) but in Sept either way.

when you head to the tract give me a shout ill try to meet ya up there ive been dieing to go. mabey we can put our heads together and figure out what the problem is..

For sure :cheers: It will be this coming weekend or the following weekend. Hopefully this coming weekend so I can make the GTG on the 28th. When we go there should be a hand full of other :chevy: trucks and SS's...should be fun. We'll be going to Spokane Raceway, its a long drive for you but hopefully you can make it.

Not to rain on your parade, but when I had Pace Setter Long tubes, 2600 yank converter, corsa cat back, cai, and a tune, I only mustered a best of 14.6 in 65degree weather. I was really disappointed as well. My issue was my shifting. I had not shift kit and the trans was slipping .5-.7 sec from the 1-2 shift. You could also seriously be having some false spark knock. Long tubes have been known to cause that once in a while. You really need to scan your runs to see what is going on. If you are having 2-5deg of spark knock, you could easily be losing a few tenths. It would be interesting to know what the difference is in trap speeds for you slowing down too.

Who is doing your tuning? Weather will have some to do w/ your times but w/ those mods you "should" be running atleast low 14's. My best run (last year) was a 14.1 and I have been to the track 3 times this year and ran 14.3 one time but mostly 14.5's :confused:

As stated you need to log some runs to get a bead on whats happening.....also racing in 70-80 temps doesn't help produce the best times either.......

yeah tell me about it! when i ran last time it was 100+ degrees that day... . . .you need to log your runs as everyone stated to see whats slowing you down

Not to rain on your parade, but when I had Pace Setter Long tubes, 2600 yank converter, corsa cat back, cai, and a tune, I only mustered a best of 14.6 in 65degree weather. I was really disappointed as well. My issue was my shifting. I had not shift kit and the trans was slipping .5-.7 sec from the 1-2 shift. You could also seriously be having some false spark knock. Long tubes have been known to cause that once in a while. You really need to scan your runs to see what is going on. If you are having 2-5deg of spark knock, you could easily be losing a few tenths. It would be interesting to know what the difference is in trap speeds for you slowing down too.

Even more to yours if I recall you had some bad plug wires caused by the long tubes. Check those for sure as long tube headers can be plug wire eaters.

Crazy but check your vaccum line that runs into back of drivers side valve cover. I once pulled mine off cause thats were your PCV valve would go. I guess i never fully installed it and it eventually fell off. I would like to beleive this is why i was going backwards in times at the track but i found it during the supercharger install and cannot confirm or deny that was the culpret.

double check spark plugs, wires, clean your throttle body, possibly run some fuel injector cleaner thru your system. Make sure you have a clean air filter.

What was your gas compared to this race to the time you ran your personal best. Weather also affects your vehicle in mysterious ways.

Thats my $0.02 Hope you can figure it out get everything straightned out.