MY FRONT WHEEL LIFTS IN THE AIR

evandostert

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you put saway bars under it? Hotchkis arguably, makes the about the best anti-sway you can buy. The stock front bar gives too much and the lack of a rear, can make it a little less stickier in the corners. What kinds of speed are you taking the turns?

how in the hell can you tell your inside tire is lifting? not being huffy just curious because I had a toyota pickup I gave up (big mistake) to free my finances up after buying the over priced/overrated ss. I had the torsion bars from a 2wd lift kit in the front to get desired stiffness worked well ! the ss sucks in corners and after it pushed out really hard on me a couple times I quit going fast around corners. maybe ride leveling front torsion bars or lift kit front torsion bars for a 4wd silverado would hook it up! still clue less how you know the front lifting . if you had a vw and spotted three wheels in the rear view going round a corner Yeah ! but front ss tire?????????????? : confused:

The tire lifts up easy while taking high speed turns. I first noticed excessive lean in a turn and heard the tire lifting off the ground. It happens every day on my way to work. Off a highway offramp and thru some s turns. I am going to call hotchkis and find out about the sway bars. I do not want to move my spare tire.

THE SUSPENSION SHOULD HANDLE THE ROAD ENOUGH, THAT IT ALLOWS YOU TO DRIVE WITHIN THE LIMITS OF YOUR TIRES. THAT IS HOW ANY GOOD SPORTS CAR WILL HANDLE. THIS IS JUST SLOP IN THE SUSPENSION. GOOD SWAY BARS AND SHOCKS THAT ACTUALLY DAMPEN ARE WHAT THIS TRUCK NEEDS.

THE SUSPENSION SHOULD HANDLE THE ROAD ENOUGH, THAT IT ALLOWS YOU TO DRIVE WITHIN THE LIMITS OF YOUR TIRES.  THAT IS HOW ANY GOOD SPORTS CAR WILL HANDLE.  THIS IS JUST SLOP IN THE SUSPENSION.  GOOD SWAY BARS AND SHOCKS THAT ACTUALLY DAMPEN ARE WHAT THIS TRUCK NEEDS.

Why are you yelling at us ?

Turn your CAP'S off ! :smash:

because I  had a toyota pickup I gave up (big mistake) to free my finances up after buying the over priced/overrated ss.

Toyota's are not overpriced?????

Stop :cry: about the SS and get another Toyota!

When a BLUE blur goes past your Tundra don't get mad. :chevy:

i emailed them about their sway bars...i guess they do not work on lowered SS...so all you stock gents are okay...

I was told the opposite by Wes at Hotchkins. He said PN 2229 will work with the 2/4 drop on the SS.

i got a reply back from John Whatley. said it wouldn't work. guess someone will just have to try it out. :D any takers...

i think i might...

Archived