Real Or Clone

mudcruiserman

I found a rebuilt/salvage title 03 VIN # 2GCEK19N731382718 for sale with numerous faults. I know resale$ is shot but whats it worth as a driver? Truck looks nice at 20 feet and has nice interior.

cladding not perfect

78,000 miles

frontend damage not repaired correctly, wrong emblem in grill, flopping bumper cover missing piece in valance area, broken innerfender, missing piece between rad support and grill. possibly wrong grill (same as non SS?)

wrong chrome pitted aftermarket SS wheels

airbag light on

air don't work

exhaust leaks @ front.

His dad is a dealer and wants 12,995 but will take 12,000. The son hasn't completed the deal (trading it back to dad) and I was going to offer him 10 grand just to have a driver. Do you,ll think its worth it?

12900 seems a little high to me. Ive seen SSS's in decient shape with higher miles only go about 14,900 and up in my area. Offer low, you never no what he might take.

Depends how bad you want the truck honestly. I would steer clear of that one, you should ask why the kid is trading it in (maybe gas prices, maybe its really f*ckd up). If you choose to get that one, I would bring 9 grand cash, show him 7500 first and take it from their.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

First of all, theres NOTHING wrong with having a vehicle with a salvage title IF, and this is a big IF, the truck was put back together correctly. With the way you described the truck, Id probably stay away from it especially for 12k. You have to be careful with rebuilds because you dont know what kind of no name shop put it back together. The only way I would buy a rebuilt vehicle is to buy it wrecked THEN take it to a highly respected body man and watch it get rebuilt and make sure everything is correct before you take it home or give him the money.