I Need So Advice...on Supercharged Code Thrower

HAILRZR

This is what programmer had to say...

I found the program your running, all of the TCC tables are stock. I have never had to make the changes to them, like that guy described, and I have done a train load of those 03SS trucks with blowers and converters. The converter should not effect one the way you describe. If the gears, tire size or throttle body has been changed you could have it up shifting too soon. I'm assuming that is what you are describing? If a larger throttle body is installed, it will cause shift point (and often low line pressure-soft shifts) problems.

The PCM "looks" at 5 TPS vs MPH to make gear changes. If the speedo is wrong, so is the PCM's point of reference for shifts and line pressure. Ditto the throttle body size change. It takes less throttle angle to run the same RPM & MPH with a larger throttle body.

Edited by HAILRZR (see edit history)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TB area is almos negligible, but if he is going to make a fuss about it, tell him to change the "ETC throttle area conversion" table from .0208 to .0180. Once again, you need to find a better tunner, you telling him what to do will never get your truck running right

TB area is almos negligible, but if he is going to make a fuss about it, tell him to change the "ETC throttle area conversion" table from .0208 to .0180. Once again, you need to find a better tunner, you telling him what to do will never get your truck running right

just got home from Maryland last night (15 hour drive, in work van) and then went to local diner and was having breakfast with my girlfriend telling her after almost two years and 50,000 miles I might get to the bottom of the problem in my truck....yep, ha....tranny is completely gone....shifted weird going to diner, so I gave WOT to see if it would do the rapid shifting and it acted like it got stuck and wouldn't shift so I let off and thought "Hey that's new". I didn't push it the rest of the way to diner and then when we left the diner RMP dropped and raised about 5 times 2000-1500, 2000-1500 and so on and then almost no pressure in the tranny and no shifting, no check engine light, nothing, so I shut it off started it would go about a mile at a time and limped her home. I guess the case is closed, time for a new tranny, but this time should put something that can take the motor any suggestions? and will I need reprogramming? what a week. LOL

As mentioned above, find a tuner that will fix your situation.

As an FYI, here is some information off of PerformaBuilt Transmissions website regarding some of the issues discussed in this thread:

PWM (Pulse Width Modulation).

"What is it and how does it affect my car? PWM is the controlled slip of your converter, which basically allows the converter clutch to partially lock at lower speeds to improve fuel economy. However, this generates heat and puts wear on the converter clutch. While this is not a big problem with an OEM sized converter, it is a problem with the smaller 8-9-10 inch converters because they do not have enough clutch surface area, and they can't absorb the extra heat generated (leading to slipping). Nor do they have the friction area for the slip to be properly controlled by the PCM (PCM sees component slipping). PWM should be eliminated in any high performance application (and really any application). This function is the source of the code 1870. This function is eliminated on all our transmissions."

If you do a search on the definition of the 1870 code, it is very similar to the P0757 in the newer manuals. Just found this info interesting... :chevy:

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like converter lock-up clutch material. I've been ther before. :uhoh:

Funny that you say that Krambo, because after talking to the tranny guy (Dana, Pro-Built) and I explained the premature shifting and how it was like a big shutter, he said it sounds like more than just premature shifting that maybe the coverter was locking up and unlocking at the wrong time as well.

• 2 months later...
Funny that you say that Krambo, because after talking to the tranny guy (Dana, Pro-Built) and I explained the premature shifting and how it was like a big shutter, he said it sounds like more than just premature shifting that maybe the coverter was locking up and unlocking at the wrong time as well.

I just got my truck back with new tranny built by Dana @ pro-built trans, and a new vigilante torq converter with 2800 stall....run awesome, better than ever, need NO tuning, my guess is the Torq Converter was the problem all along as it is alot tighter now. I guess never having a stall before,,,I thought all the slip was normal. Glad to have it back