Which Octane Gas Is Everyone Using

09kx250f567

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will only use Shell V Power 93 octane. I by all means miss the cumberland farms, hess stations, or small gas stations even if they have 93 octane. I notice a big difference in throttle response and mpgs from 93 v power from shell than any other gas station. I would get mobil/exxon 93 gas also. My truck is completely stock.

edit-I have to find me some Sunoco 94 Ultra :) , the one here went out of buis :nonod:

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

I will only use Shell V Power 93 octane. I by all means miss the cumberland farms, hess stations, or small gas stations even if they have 93 octane. I notice a big difference in throttle response and mpgs from 93 v power from shell than any other gas station. I would get mobil/exxon 93 gas also. My truck is completely stock.

edit-I have to find me some Sunoco 94 Ultra :) , the one here went out of buis :nonod:

Westboro Mass. they used to sell 110. no more..

when i first got this truck about 4-5 mounths ago I was useing 87 cuz im 17 and it was hard for me to pay for that, but now all i use is 93 did i hurt my truck in any way?
Cost is about the same in the long run. You will get better fuel milage with 91-93 over 87, and it runs much better. I tested it out on my own truck.

Just read this on another fourm. Makes sense to me. So What Are We Really Getting?????????

Where you buy your fuel matters because of the brand of additive and the amount they use. Nearly all fuel stations receive fuel that came from a pipeline. You don't think they are running 3-4 pipes for every grade of fuel do you? There is 87 and diesel and is all held in the same fuel cylo then the additive is mixed in usually when it's loaded onto the truck for delivery.

Your eyes become open and your jaw drops when you learn what I have. Been hauling fuel since 99. It's amazing all the misconception, myths and erroneous information that is being passed around.