Intercooler + Snow

Ok so if and when I install my Pro Charger I was wondering since the intercooler goes on the bottom what will happen when snow hits it. Sometime up here in New England we get slammed with snow... I use this truck as my DD but I also sometimes drive my 88..

Ok so if and when I install my Pro Charger I was wondering since the intercooler goes on the bottom what will happen when snow hits it. Sometime up here in New England we get slammed with snow... I use this truck as my DD but I also sometimes drive my 88..

i think he may be refering to the snow hitting the intercooler because of where its mounted.

Yes I am . I agree it will be cold. but if the snow gets in there and clogs it it won't allow air to pass threw it.

well, even if it does the snow is COLD, so that'll help the interCOOLer. :D And if you're meaning that you're worried it'll get inside the intercooler, it shouldnt. If it does, then you might wanna look into replacing it or checking your connections.

It's really a win/win situation... I wouldnt imagine any damage would occur from this

It's really a win/win situation... I wouldnt imagine any damage would occur from this

Agree. If the ambient temperature is cold enough to support snow, I doubt your intake temperatures would even come close to your intake temps in July...even if the intercooler was packed with snow.

Just be on the lookout for small rocks that like to be kicked up in the winter time. One of those puppies could easily go through your intercooler at highway speed.

I could see corrosion being an issue, what with snow and road salt and the constant heat-up/cool-down that results from drive cycles...

Other than that you're good to go! I would spray it down every once and a while just to get the dirt and such off of it...

PS: What happens if snow gets packed in between the fins and then freezes into ice? Will the snow expand and bend the fins/cores?

PS: What happens if snow gets packed in between the fins and then freezes into ice? Will the snow expand and bend the fins/cores?

Dont think it would. Even if it did, wouldnt really cause enough damage to worry about or even notice. i rarely see an intercooler WITHOUT any bent fins here and there. All you really need to worry about is holes.

And who would leave their SS(turbocharged or supercharged) out in that kind of freezing weather anyways? :)