magnaflow mufflers

j4nash

I just talked to a guy at an exhaust shop today and he said that the larger magnaflow muffler is definitely better than any other brand for our trucks if you are looking for the most performance gain and a good deep exhaust tone and not have a lot of resonance in the cab. He said that he could make me a duel exhaust setup for $400 installed.

I just talked to a guy at an exhaust shop today and he said that the larger magnaflow muffler is definitely better than any other brand for our trucks if you are looking for the most performance gain and a good deep exhaust tone and not have a lot of resonance in the cab. He said that he could make me a duel exhaust setup for $400 installed.

Dude, your getting taken. I just had a Magnaflow Muffler installed. The Muffler cost about $125.00 and the Muffler shop charged me $40.00 to install the Muffler and adapt it to the stock tailpipe. I would not spend $400.00!!! Even if you buy the Muffler, and have tailpipes made you should be done for less than $300.00. There is no reason to replace the front pipes!!! Get a Dual 2 1/2" in by 3" out and have the adapter pipe made or get a dual 2 1/2" in by dual 2 1/2"out and have tailpipes bent. Save the rest of the money for additional mods!!!

By the way, there is resonance in the cab....does this guy own a truck with a Magnaflow or is he just pushing product. Gibson is the best way to go if you want low levels of resonance.

I just installed the Magnaflow 14568 this afternoon. It is a dual in and

dual out. I put on the stainless steel tips cost of $120.00. The sound

is awesome..... There is some resonse in the cab between 30-45 mph

but over that it seems quiet.. At an idle there is a low rumble.

That sounds like a good deal.  I paid $1k for the Magnaflow dual 3" in/out and true dual custom piping and oval Magnaflow tips.

Call me next time you need an exhaust system...I'm in the wrong business...You paid $1000.00 for an Exhaust?????? Was it Gold Plated?

What the magnaflow set up will only cost $400 or less installed. A corsa will cost you $650 or more not installed. And with the corsa system unless you are on the gas you will sound like a red neck garbage truck. Also the corsa system has a lower gain in hp then most others. just my two cents.

Most of the Cat Backs systems where around 500-600 bucks and they used clamps and where only a single side exit. I wanted a fully welded dual 3" in/out system with oval tips exiting behind each rear wheel. I couldn't find that system in a pre-made kit, so spending the money and not having to crawl under my truck in the driveway with my welder and do the work was well worth the money.

Autoguy I don't think gold plated would look good on our trucks (or any vehicle). Maybe if you got gold rims that would help. Good luck with that.

Archived