Belltech Leafs Or Shackles And Hangers

W2W402

yeah i would say that the leafs would handle better, being stiffer. now im considering keeping my leafs after reading everyone bottoming out. i hate that, i know exactly what you mean cuz my other truck is lowered 6" in the read and with a c-notch it buttoms out alot. and its not fun at all. maybe the stiffer ride is better. but i sure dont bottom out, i dont think the leafs flex more than a quarter inch. i can bounce on the rear bumper and the truck goes no where at all! its stiff!

What he said :cheers::D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does your setup consist of HAUL@SS???

As of right now, spindles and turned torsions, and springs in the rear with street performance shocks on all 4 corners. When i get my rollpan installed, im gonna install shackles and see how low i can get without bottoming out :D

let me know how you make out with that haha. thats gonna be low! your gonna be ridin on fender lol

well i figured if i ditched the bumper, hitch, and spare, it would bring the rear back up a little, so maybe 1" shackle setting will compensate for the weight loss. We'll have to see. I guess i'll be the lab rat for that haha

Just finished my Belltech lowering kit. Went for the shackle, hanger and spindles. First I went for the 2'' shackle and 2'' hanger and drove if for a day and said way too low. SS has already 1'' lower than stock so it tucked 20s. Had to buy the new 1'' shackle cause its not adjustable and now I am finally happy. Also replaced bumpstops and removed bracket. Threw in some shims but still have a little shake. Planning to install carrier bearing adjustment plate. Hopefully will take it out completely. Also need to adjust Stock tailpipe cause its hitting axle. Never knew how much tweaking it would take. Just need to Throw some new shocks in and I'll be very happy with ride. Very much like stock except for of course the travel loss. Does corner very nice. Especially at higher speeds. Hope this Helped. Suspension can be tricky and it took me quite a while to get it dialed in.

so then the overall response is leafs are too stiff and shackles the way to go??? im looking to do a 3/4 drop to my truck i alsready ghave shackles 2 inch lowereing....what would be my best bet to go with two more out back??? leafs or hangers? i can work wit the rivets if that is all that bad?? what would be wrong with the leafs vs shackles?

I had a member on another site do my hangers on a lift and whit a cutting torch, took him about 30 minutes for both. But ive heard grinding them takes forever, IMO do hangers. IF you have vibrations get an angle finder and get the right shims and you will spend less than half you would for the drop leafsprings That's just my 2cents.

like i said i got the leafs in now. im still waiting for the hangers and shackles. ill post up when its done.

stylinss. that looks awesome. does it bottom out alot?

i had my torsion bars turned down more. but it was hitting my inner fenders

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)

Thanks slammedbowtie. :cheers: Your ride looks sick too. I havent bottomed out yet. Just keep hitting the damm tailpipe on the axle. did you have the same problem? Turning my keys a few twist did take out some of the comfort and control. Gonna get new keys and shocks soon. Should help alot.

my corsa hit too, when i put the leafs in. i have no spare, hitch, or bumper and im nearly tucking stock wheels/tires. did a custom exhaust and no issues.

and im the guy who says you dont need shims. and its true, but only for the 2wd guys with 2 piece propeller shafts. the carrier relocator takes care of the vibration. but if you did a shackle/hanger drop and used the 1" shackle you might ALSO need 1 or 2 deg shims on the axle.