Shaking When Braking

bubba3689

I have lived with it a while but its getting on my nerves. I have done a search but haven't found a direct answer. I have 20's and everything is stock with my suspension. When i brake the is a shake. The only thing i can think of is that my rotors are warped. it only happens when i brake. I know my wheels are balanced so can anyone give me an insight on what might be the problem. thanks in advance

Is the "shake" in the steering wheel or does the truck shake? If the front rotors are warped then the steering wheel will vibrate when braking hard. If how ever the whole truck shakes it could be rear. I had the front rotors and drums surfaced and

still had vibration till I figured out it was the frame harmonics causing the vibration I had, there is a bulletin on the subject.

I just ordered a new set of powerslots because mine is doing the same thing , tends to get worse the harder you use them. Anyway another point to look at could posibly be a separated tire also,had it happen on one of my old company trucks, would shake stuff of the dash.

• 1 year later...
My truck is now doing the same, what do u guys mean by cutting the rotors? And its my truck shaking so I assume its the rear.

Cutting stands for resurfacing, the rotor is placed on a brake lathe and the surface is scored with a blade to make it true again. Your entire truck shakes when you brake or does the steering wheel shake?