Got Ran Into Today

EVSSS

Just a question for any of you that might have had a similar situation. I was backing out of a parking space in a parking lot, checked both ways no one was coming so i pulled out about a third of the way, stopped looked again before taking foot of brake and then was hit by a car cutting through the parking lot to get to a Mc Donalds. So i pulled up and put it in park a little pissed because i was more then enough out of the space for anyone to have noticed i was pulling out and to not just run into me. I got out and told the person to park and talk. The person in the spot next to me was there and i asked did you see what just happened and they said yes the girl just ran straight into you, followed by the comment make sure she pays you for any damage you got too nice of a truck, which i appreciated at the moment. Anways the girl got out, she was cute too so i was not near as mean as I would have been if it was some jas a**! The first thing she said was i am so sorry i was cutting through and just didnt notice you pulling out until it was too late. The damage was minimal to my truck as our bumpers will take out anything, just a couple scratches basically repaint the bumper and call it a day. Her car which mind you was 12 years old ford probe had a good dent in it high on the front quarter panel where she hit me. We proceeded to exchange info and I told her i would get an estimate this afternoon and let her know the damage, and if at that time she wanted to go through her insurance we could. We then both went on our way, i was working so i was going to call my insurance at lunch and let them know. Well in about an hour i got a call from my insurance and she had claimed i ran into her. Well that pissed me off i immediatly called her insurance filed a claim against her and let them know i had a witness and camera footage from the store security showing her fault. I didnt really have the witness info or the footage kind of a bluff but i did go back to the store and with a lot of effort if i need to i might be able to get the footage of the accident and the license plate of the witness to get their number. Anyways sorry for the long rant just a little pissed off, i just cant believe this crap. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas as to what to do i would appreciate it as i have done everything i can think of at this time. Oh and the estimate was 387.00 so its not like its a ton of money just the point that she is trying to screw me out of something that is her fault.

you should've made your insurance claim right then and there...

Personally i think its always better to have a police report.

oh yeah and make sure you tell your insurance and hers that she admitted to fault because she did say she was cutting through traffic and didn't see you untill it was too late.

Edited by OneSlickSilvy (see edit history)

Sorry to hear about this. If I were you, I would go ASAP and get that video before the store ends up recording over the old.

I learned my lession 5yrs ago when some girl took out the entire passanger side of my old Silverado. I was in the far left turn lane hardly moving cause I had a red light and some 16yr old with a car full of friends decided to pass someone else and want way to far to the left and took out the side of my truck, paniced and went to the right and hit someone else. We all pull into the gas station on that very corner and she's scared and crying Blah Blah Blah Blah.....I feel bad and she calls her father while I call the police. The police refused to come since no one was hurt and all cars could could still be driven, then her fater shows up. He begs the living crap out of me to not contact my insurance because she only had a learners permit and had already had an accident 2 weeks earlier. So he said he would be in touch and to get an estimate on the damages, this all happend Friday night after I left work and was only 5mins from my house. So I went to the dealer on Monday and got the estimate (around 2500 I think) and called him back. To make a long story short, after fighting with him for 2 weeks trying to get the money from him, I called my insurance and told them everything and let them take care of it. The father finally returned my MANY calls pissed off at me for turning into insurance. Guess he didn't think 2 weeks of not returning any of my calls wasn't long enough.

I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!

The same kinda thing happened to me not too long ago. I was driving southbound coming through an intersection. I was in the lane closest to the curb. The other two lanes stopped for this guy driving a buick skylark or whatever. Well when the two lanes stopped for him, he floored it....right into the side of my 03 SS where the two doors meet. An argument started as he tried to tell me I shouldn't have been in that lane. I told him, no matter what lane I'm in I have the right of way if I am driving straight and YOU are making the turn....unless it's an arrow YOU have to yield. Long story short, he called his insurance company and told them I ran into him. The adjuster from HIS insurance took one look and said, how in the hell did you hit the front of his car with the side of your truck....your wheels can't turn that way. I'm still waiting for the insurance to go through to fix my truck but I know I'll get it. It's just unfortunate how people try and turn things around instead of admitting their fault. Good think I have an 06 SS that's untouched. :)

I'll give you the short version of THE EXACT SAME THING that happend to me. Backed out 1/3 of the way and checked again when some chick in a tacoma plowed my Cavalier. Ripped my bumper facia off and skidded me sideways in the slot. I went ahead and called the police because she was claiming I hit her on the spot. The cop came and filled out a report and noted that SHE HIT ME because it was a 2 way lane and where she hit me was way over the line in my lane.

Her insurance and my insurance went into arbitration (nice way of saying they scrated each others back) and decided since it was public property (wal-mart) we would each have to cover our own damages. I always thought that was an urban legend about no fault accidents in public parking lots but I found out the hard way it's not. She had the balls to call my house and tell me I needed to pay her $250 co-pay. I said "Sure...right after you pay my $500 co-pay."

Already met with my adjuster for the claim she filed on me and they agree there is no way i hit her from the damage and the situation in which it happened. I spoke to her insurance earlier to find out the process of my claim and they hadnt even spoken with her yet. They said they still had to get a hold of her. I thought it was interesting that my insurance was able to get a hold of her but when her insurance has contacted her there is no response. Guess she thought she could just say it was my fault and never have to talk to her insurance. And for the record she is not that cute anymore, wish i could do it again and make her cry!

Remember people its just as important, if not more, to get the info of all the witnesses that you can. That saved me when some lady decided to run a stop sign right infront of my GMC 2500HD, my truck got $8500 worth of damaga and if it wans't for the witnesses that said otherwise, she would of got away with telling the cops it was my fault. I completly t-boned her.