What Do You Think I Could Get For My Truck?

00silverad0

Well, I've been thinking about this for a while and I REALLY fell in love with regular cab silverados 99-02 mainly. I had an extended cab 00 and loved it then moved on to the SS. Now I realize that I never use the truck as a truck, I never use the backseats and I would love to have a much lighter truck (potential to be faster).

So that brings me to my next point of what should I expect to get for my truck? I know what I would LIKE to get but lets face it, with the economy the way it is, the stealerships giving me next to nothing for the SS I know I would take a huge hit on it. I would like to sell the SS, take the $ and get a Regular cab silverado and put the rest of the $ in the bank but keep about 3k to mod the truck and still have a good chunk left over. Now dont get me wrong, I'm not going to take a hit on the SS because I want a Reg cab so if I dont get what I want for it, then its simply not going anywhere.

Here are the aftermarket mods that I am leaving on the truck.

-22" American Racing RTS rims (discontinued)

-Super 44 true dual flowmaster exhaust system

- 4L65E Rebuilt Transmission (rebuilt all clutches/bands) on 11/07

-Transgo HD2 shift kit

-GM Corvette 2nd gear servo

-15% window tint

-03 6.0L 160* thermostat

-Peripheral Products Ipod adapter/hookup

-Cleared DRL's/ Smoked corner lense headlights

-HID bulbs in Headlights

-Carriage Works 5 pc Billet grille

-Air/Fuel Autometer gauge

-Oil Psi Gauge Autometer

-Autometer 2 gauge A pillar Pod

-Have all stock parts as well**

Just looking at what you think people would be willing to pay. Like I said, I probably will not get what I want for it (have about 3k into the truck besides the 24k sticker price I paid just under 1 year ago totalling 27k). Truck has 35,506 miles as of today and is in great shape. 2 spots on the bumper the previous owner hit (really not bad) and almost a smudge on the passenger door (previous owner).

Give me some ideas guys. Thanks

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

Krambo, I appreciate your reply and sadly, that is the same price I thought I would be able to draw as well. Like I said, I'm not hurting to sell my truck, I just was curious to see what it would bring, but if the price was right I would let it go.

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

The fact, you don't "have" to sell it, gives you power. You can wait until the customer comes along, that really wants your truck, and will pay for it.

Exactly, but with the way the cononmy is going, I highly doubt I will see my ideal price until were on the upswing and gas isnt anywhere near 4.00 to fuel these monsters.

The fact, you don't "have" to sell it, gives you power. You can wait until the customer comes along, that really wants your truck, and will pay for it.

indeed...set the price where u want it and see what happens

Exactly, but with the way the cononmy is going, I highly doubt I will see my ideal price until were on the upswing and gas isnt anywhere near 4.00 to fuel these monsters.

Just hold out. There are still several people out there, that our strickly truck guys, due to personally, lifestyle, or other factors. Look at our lifestyle for example, a car just won't do. I got a friend who is completely on the heavy side, if you know what I mean, and he just can't get comfortable inside of a car.

just sedt a very high price and put out there and that way you know you can allways bargan with a person and get what you want.. the right customer will come along dood..just be patient.