Another Trans Bites The Dust

While out and about this evening, my transmission decided to self destruct. I was about to merge into traffic on a major highway from a dead stop, so I jumped on it. The truck went to shift into 2nd at WOT and went BANG! I limped it back home with only 3rd and 4th gears......by the time I got home it was bucking in 3rd. It barely has reverse, it will start to move then abruptly stop. I broke something substantial, don't know exactly what. It sucks, I just sank over $1400 into the rear end to upgrade the ailing G80, where the hell am I gonna get the money to fix this? At this point, it would probably be in my best interest to go with a built unit instead of fixing this one.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy smokes, let us know what broke as soon as you figure it out. I think FLT might still have a deal going on check with them. They seem to always do something every couple months. Really sorry to hear your tranny broke. :(

Warrenty Dan?

truck is 1k out of warranty, trans was beefed up 13k ago............I love my truck to death, but I think she hates me.......one thing after anither, I can never catch a friggin break :(

Damn, hearing all these transmission stories scares the hell out of me. My truck only has 9400 miles on it so I hope it will hold up for quite a while. Why are these failing? Mileage, upgrades, what?

damn dan sorry to hear about that.... personally i think if your going to buy a new unit, start with a 70e. mines still holding on, 13k and counting.

and from the little info i read, it sounds like a forward sprag maybe. :dunno:

Could be the forward sprag, the way it felt, it could have been a band too. I am not sure what avenue I am gonna take yet, I have several phone calls to make today.

Healthy 6.0Ls and big right foots do not get along with 4L65Es

This is true. :nonod:

damn dan WTF are u doing to the truck?

I drive it Art, can't help the 65E is a POS :sigh:

man thats the worst, sorry to hear it... but you better get it fixed itll be hard to get to the valley in only 4th :driving:

Good thing LVD was moved to the 18th..........