Ran An Srt-8 Jeep

04CHASE

went to the 1/8th mile strip, i met greg and his wife( angrygreg) on the forum i ended up running his wife who had a stock jeep srt-8. this was the first time i have lined up at this strip and the yellow's come on as soon as you stage so there is no time to stall it up. my reaction time was worse than my 60ft. 1.8 vs 1.6 . i had to give the jeep a chance. this was the first run of the night. next run a ran a 7.37 with adding one degree of timing, it had more left in it too.

thanks to justin for the video.

we also managed to get phillip , caddy pimpin truck from a starting of 8.8 with a pcm4less tune to an 8.14 with a few minor changes, just goes to show what a live tune will do for you.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

went to the 1/8th mile strip, i met greg and his wife( angrygreg) on the forum i ended up running his wife who had a stock jeep srt-8. this was the first time i have lined up at this strip and the yellow's come on as soon as you stage so there is no time to stall it up. my reaction time was worse than my 60ft. 1.8 vs 1.6 . i had to give the jeep a chance. this was the first run of the night. next run a ran a 7.37 with adding one degree of timing, it had more left in it too.

thanks to justin for the video.

we also managed to get phillip , caddy pimpin truck from a starting of 8.8 with a pcm4less tune to an 8.14 with a few minor changes, just goes to show what a live tune will do for you.

that was a good time. i was lined up behind them the lights turned green and my wife took off the light was green and chase is still sitting there. i was like when's he gonna go. then he took off and blew by her. she said her jeep shook when he blew by. that truck is bad ass chase. it looks even better in person. i got to race him the next run and of course he beat me but i was laughing all the way down the track while i was looking at the back of his truck. that was a good time. thanks for the video justin....

there was another srt-8 jeep there but it was a bit on the south of the border side, you know flake paint, with gold and silver leaf with la xxxxxx painted in quotes. it had like 24's and was super slow. ran 9.1's. there was a fast lightning i didnt get to run that had a whipple and a shot . his best i saw was a 7.20. it was a good time we'll have to go again in the winter to see if i can get kicked out . i need a 6.9 run

nice what was your time greg and what was the time for the srt-8?

my wife was running like 8.5 at 80 mph and my best time was 8.33 at 82.4 mph. hope to get in the 7's by next time. smaller pulley and meth kit on the way....were gonna put a nitrous kit on the jeep too so she will probably be kicking my ass soon enough..... :chevy:

oh yeah art my verter is better for sure. 1.6 60 fts again , best was a 1.64 and there is more timing to be had so i think lower 1.6's are possible. i plan to go out to irwindale again this winter when its nice and chilly.

oh yeah art my verter is better for sure. 1.6 60 fts again , best was a 1.64 and there is more timing to be had so i think lower 1.6's are possible. i plan to go out to irwindale again this winter when its nice and chilly.

thats good to hear, what is it stalled to now?

my wife was running like 8.5 at 80 mph and my best time was 8.33 at 82.4 mph. hope to get in the 7's by next time. smaller pulley and meth kit on the way....were gonna put a nitrous kit on the jeep too so she will probably be kicking my ass soon enough..... :chevy:

I have a 6.1L Hemi stroked to a 392ci(6.4L) with a nice cam ready to go if you want to put a little more get up and go in that SRT.