What Do You Do For Work?

mike1booth

post a brief description of what you do to make a living... if you like it... and what the pay scale is (im not looking for actual w2's here so dont get all pissy with me).. and ofcourse what kinda schooling is involved

im an apprentice electrician, but i dont know if im happy doing it :dunno: , i have a lot of school ahead of me still and time before i can go for my license (and not have to go through the F'in $HIT anymore :banghead: ) so if im going to bail im butter off doing it now

so let me know what else is out there

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am a heating and air conditioning service manager/tech for a small company.

i went to san joaquin community college in stockton calif have an AA degree in construction technology.

pay is just under 40 per hr (non union)

i have been in this field for 27 yrs now.

being in the service end of the business is great for steady work vs being in the construction end where the building market determines how much you work. same with the electrical and plumbing fields.

as a side job i sell laundry detergent in nudist colonies

Edited by desertss (see edit history)

i actually work two jobs in the mornings i work at a musle car retoration shop doing body work and paint on some pretty cool cars went to school for autobbody was a year long course for 17,000 and part time i do about 15-17 a year at nights i work at summit racing equipment in the phone sales department maybee talking to some of you guys and i do about 35,000 there :)

I work at Bentley University. Union 40 hrs a week and 4 hrs weekends ( when needed) $18 to start off and it jumps up 3 bucks when I am off probation. I work on the grounds. love it so far. old job was 60 70 hrs a week. great money no life.

Edited by sick03ssbad70velle (see edit history)

I am a student studying Entrepreneurship. I have 1 year left. But right now my job is an inventory control and purchasing manager for my dads Heating and A/C company. We do about 10 million worth of sales a year. I also own and operate 20 candy vending machines. It's more of a side job than anything, but I make good money doing it.

When I get out of school I will be in a partnership that distributes and sells residential, commerical, and industrial air purification units. These units have the capabilities of neutralizing molds, gasses, industrial fallout, VOC's, and virtually any odor. When we get farther along I will post more information about these units. It's a VERY interesting new technology.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

i work at a local repair and performance shop. mostly on imports and rice.but having a back ground in domestic cars the boss lets me do a few this i feel we can do without alot of special tools he doset have. i do like doing it and have learned alot from him in doing this job. but it does make me not want to work on my own stuff after hours at home. pay just depends on what kind of work we have that week and how much money we have left over after bills. here is a couple of pics of the 2002 Acura RSX we just got done with.short block is fully built by crowler of cali. bolt on turbo and emanage computer system. along with extreame dimenson wide body kit. the formula on the motor after break in and full tune. is supposd to be around 500 front wheel horse power. its only pushing 8lbs of boost right now and is scarry fast. breaks the tires loose on demand in 4 of the 6 gears.

post-9619-1223161921_thumb.jpg

post-9619-1223161960_thumb.jpg

post-9619-1223162003_thumb.jpg

I work night's here in Southern Calif. I'm a I.L.W.U Local 13 Longshoremen in the L.A/L.B Ports. We move cargo containers and heavy metal among many other commodities. If you wear it, eat it, drive it or watch it..Most likely it came from overseas and was handled by us. It's Dangerous work and we are paid accordingly.

Rather then tell you guys how much I make I will tell you how much they take...I get paid every week and last check they took out $800 in taxes.

The more you make the more they take.

misc020.jpg

This is me about to go aloft onto a stack of containers still on the vessel. Once up there I have to lean over the edge to unlock them about 80 feet up.

post-8750-1223162398_thumb.jpg

post-8750-1223162428_thumb.jpg

post-8750-1223163194_thumb.jpg

I work for a local alarm and security company as the Purchasing/Logistics Agent and Fleet Supervisor. I am coming up on my 10th anniversary, I started working here in high school. My Dad has been the Director of Operations for 25 years. The money isn't exactly the greatest as I havent' had a raise in over 2 years, but I do have job security.

I have also been a volunteer firefighter for the last 6-1/2 years. :fart:

been working as a diesel tech for a contrater of verizon/at&t and a few others. we do aerial and underground fiber and copper. there are two mechanics for 70+ trucks and 30+ pieces of equiptment. its alot of hard work ont he side of the road and getting dirty. pay is good and hours are great usually 6-2pm or 4-12 pm and some ot. i dont hate it .

Home theater installations...Mostly Plasma/LCD mounting and a lot of low voltage pre-wiring. I work for my self so the hours are my choice, which is great. And the pay usually varies per job but it's safe to say im usually in the 3 digit an hour range...i like it