Opinons Welcomed

packjh

Since i have the truck where i want it, it time to change directions. I have to move here soon and once i get settled in i plan on finding a good car to build into a drag queen. I was wandering what you guys thought would be a good base model. I love the 03-04 cobras due to strong ass bottom ends. Down fall is the IRS they need a full axle swap once you start putting down some good power.

Ive thought camaros, and vettes too since parts are fairly decent compared to ford. Looking for something that is decently priced, and not a lead sled like the truck is. Fox bodies seem to pretty popular as well.

Based of what you guys see in your areas and your experience i thought you could give me some insight.

The GM-G body is a really good building block for race and street. alot of aftermarket parts are out there for them. and with just a few bolt ons and the right motor they hook really hard and have no limits on horse power. best ones are late 70s-mid 80s malibu,monty carlo,buick regal,and olds cutlas. due to they also have fiberglass parts out there also. just be sure to check the frame behind the rear wheels. they were really bad about rusting appart back there due to the frame design.

heck yes, my last project was an 83 regal t-type/gnx clone that i had built a few 350's and dropped them in as well as the ol' th200 to th350 swap, and a 3.73 locker out back, i had all kinds of fun with it thats why im so sold on the g bodys, when i got rid of it i thought i could grow up but it eats at me everyday

box nova are a great start. they are light too and have alot of parts available. i plan to build a drag car in the future too but mine will be a 67-68 camaro . only part that sucks there is they are expensive and not the lightest thing in the world .

My opinion will stray from the norm. I don't like the boxy bland 1980's GMs, Malibus, whatever.

Here's my opinion......

1960 Impala.

Or a 1959 Impala, or a bubble top, anything with PERSONALITY!

1960_Chevy_Belair.jpg

:withstupid:

be different. 55-57 Chevy's have been done to death, 67-69 cameos also..

46-54 Chevy's 2 and 4 door

51 Henry J

50+ Studebaker's

60's ford falcon

60's rambler

list can go on it's up to you

good luck in whet ever you decide

:seeya:

I'd say a 94' or newer S10. Full frame, fairly lightweight, capable of 9's without tubbing them, nice big bed to put a fuel cell and battery in. Find the factory 8.5" 10 bolt and some Cal-Trac's and there is no real challange to the rear half.

box nova are a great start. they are light too and have alot of parts available. i plan to build a drag car in the future too but mine will be a 67-68 camaro . only part that sucks there is they are expensive and not the lightest thing in the world .

:withstupid: As I started reading this, my first thought was a '62 to '67 Chevy II. Light and fairly strong. I had a friend that built one back in the day with a 427, solid front axle, huge traction bars out back, ran in "A-Gas" I think the class was back then. Believe it or not, it was registered and driven on the street too. It was a handful!

wow that was a lot info to take in at once...

As much as i love camaros they are done a thousand times over. Its going to be tough looking for a car expecially if a chevelle pops up. Thanx for the input and when i do finally find what i looking for i be sure to let yall know.

wow that was a lot info to take in at once...

As much as i love camaros they are done a thousand times over. Its going to be tough looking for a car expecially if a chevelle pops up. Thanx for the input and when i do finally find what i looking for i be sure to let yall know.

Oh, yeah. A '66 or '67 Chevelle would be real nice too. :chevy: