Historic Bridge

SS Silv

Over the past couple years, there has been a new bridge that has been constructed in my town. So today, they started to take down the old bridge. The old bridge was named the "memorial bridge" in honor of the WWI veterans. Now the new bridge is also name the the "memorial bridge" in honor of all soldiers since WWI. It would have been cool if they blew the whole bridge up in one shot, but they are only doing it in sections.

It's nothing major but it was cool to see in person. It was loud as hell! Mind you, the new bridge is within 20 feet of the old bridge.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

I'm surprised they didn't stop traffic on the other bridge while they did this.

Haha, they did. The vehicles you see are on a freeway that is 1,000ft away from the bridge. It just looks like the vehicles are driving right next to the bridge.

That's pretty cool, but i would hate to be the guy who has to pick all the debris up out of the water.

I hear that. They actually only have 24 hours to pick up all the debris. The game and fish took a sonar picture before the implosion and will take an after picture to make sure all the debris gets picked up. The river is known for is walleye fishing, so they have strict rules to make sure the river is returned to its original state. I commend the game and fish for this strict requirment :thumbs:

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)