Abs Question

cwest94

When I drove the truck last week my ABS brakes kept kicking in when I was slowing down to a stop. The spedo was less then 5mph when this kept happening and i was on drive pavement. Has anyone else had this happen before? Just curious, it never did it before till last week.

I'm not sure what the wheel speed sensor is.

I drove the truck today and it's still doing this and I also noticed something else, when sitting still or parked my speedo stays at 5mph when it should be at 0mph. Think the two have something to do with each other or just a coincidence?

I'm guessing that there is one on each wheel then. Is there an easy way for me to tell which one could be bad and replace myself without having to go to the dealer? If not, how much should I expect to pay to get replaced? I drove the truck all of last week and it's getting worse.

I'm guessing that there is one on each wheel then. Is there an easy way for me to tell which one could be bad and replace myself without having to go to the dealer? If not, how much should I expect to pay to get replaced? I drove the truck all of last week and it's getting worse.

Yes there is one on each wheel, you need to have the truck scanned for DTCs, there may be an ABS code stored for this.......any independant shop should be able to make the repairs. You need to have a look under the truck to check for a loose/broken/corroded connection at one of these sensors.