Hid Questions....

Super Silverado

I am interested in HID's for my '03 SSS. All I know if that they are better than the stock ones though.

How much should I expect to pay?

How hard are they to install? I'm not good with wiring or electrical, so should I pay someone to do it?

Thanks guys!

they are really easy to install, depending on which kit you get they all vary in quality, warranty and performance. i sell them as well if you follow the link in my sig and ask fellow SS members who previously purchased these kits from me and they will tell you how great they are and the quality they have

they are really easy to install, depending on which kit you get they all vary in quality, warranty and performance. i sell them as well if you follow the link in my sig and ask fellow SS members who previously purchased these kits from me and they will tell you how great they are and the quality they have

So what all does it take to install them? What do I have to do?

yep 24/7 for any car truck SUV

Do these kits come with high beam ballast and bulbs as well?

Can I keep my hi/low harness that I currently use to have my low beams stay on when using high beams?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-CHEVY-SI...emZ380065702333

Thanks

Do these kits come with high beam ballast and bulbs as well?

Can I keep my hi/low harness that I currently use to have my low beams stay on when using high beams?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-CHEVY-SI...emZ380065702333

Thanks

yes you can still use your hi/lo relay harness with HID high beams or low beams

yes you can still use your hi/lo relay harness with HID high beams or low beams

Kewl...Thanks

To do the whole truck, I would need 2 kits...$450... correct?

How well does the HID high beams work when you flash your high beams? It looks like they fire fairly fast, but does it hurt the ballast at all? Is it even recommended to use HID high beams? I know most factory HIDs just use one bulb and rely on a shutter for hi/low...

Sorry for the questions, I'm just wondering if I should even bother with HIDs... I live out in the boonies and drive long, dark roads... with the fall/winter weather coming, so do the deer.. :wtf:

:cheers:

Kewl...Thanks

To do the whole truck, I would need 2 kits...$450... correct?

How well does the HID high beams work when you flash your high beams? It looks like they fire fairly fast, but does it hurt the ballast at all? Is it even recommended to use HID high beams? I know most factory HIDs just use one bulb and rely on a shutter for hi/low...

Sorry for the questions, I'm just wondering if I should even bother with HIDs... I live out in the boonies and drive long, dark roads... with the fall/winter weather coming, so do the deer.. :wtf:

:cheers:

yes sir you are correct, 2 kits would be nedded ($450)

they work great and you will not harm the ballast or bulbs, i dont need/use high beams but the way you describe your driving enviroment high beams will improve your vision even further so you can spot those deers before your truck does. thanks

Theres a bunch of good places to hide the ballasts, I bet you cant find any of the 6 I got in mine. haha

I've only got 4 but it would be hard to find mine either. I found a really good place to mount them. My passenger side headlight support broke the mounting tab, when I took the front end apart to replace the support I found a nifty place, the radiator support has three mouning bolts on either side, my ballasts came with a bracket and guess what they fit perfectly. Two on each side near the ends of the radiator support on hte lower side.

:flag:

Has anyone the HIDs 30K's yet? They only come in purple?

just a little HID 101. . .the onley TRUE colors of the bulbs are 4300K, 5000K, 6000K, 8000K. . . . .everything else is not a true color. . the 3000K and 12000K are coated bulbs in order to filter out certain colors to generate their respective color. anything else anyone else tells you is bullshit end of story. hope this helps