Warranty Issue!!

Maximus

I have the Volant CAI and have had my oil changed and my hood liner replaced by the dealer and they have said nothing about it. But, they did say that if I did a custom exhaust they wont inspect it but nothing about voiding the warrenty. I think the real deciding factor is how your dealer feels about the mods.

I understand that the general rule of thumb is this: If you mod it, warranty won't fix it. They really don't care what you do to your truck or car, but if they don't train their mechanics to remove and replace it, they won't touch it. Unless of course you find a good service manager, and talk to them ahead of time and become buds with the senior shop technician.

I put a Volant on my truck before the stock air box got dusty, and told my service manager about it. She said no biggey to her, she has no problem with it. When I asked her about a surpercharger and headers, she frowned, asking me why I would want to do that to a 40 K dollar truck!

I told her I wanted my truck to take a stock Vette eventually, she just shook her head. So until my 7 year 70,000 mile warranty is up, I'm finsihed modding. Mechanicals that is!

In my experience Unless they can determine that the modifacation caused the problem they usually have no problem with it. On my 01 silverrado I had a K&N FIPK and was having some knocking problems at high rpm the dealer only ask me when I put the K&N on and if I had the problem right after that, which I didn't. They covered the repair with no problem. I aksed him about other mods and he said as long as I doesnt cause the problem it ok except for Supercharging then sorry no warrenty then. But I would just ask your dealer and see what he says.

Archived