Eaton Rear Diff Awd Bind?

Has anyone changed the rear differantial to an Eaton chutch type locker or anthing similar and have issues with binding in sharp turns? My truck does it now a little bit at times with the stock LS carrier in the back. My old truck in 4WD would bind up so bad it would stop moving(with an eaton). I know the AWD transfer case is different. Just wondering if i should go this route.

Has anyone changed the rear differantial to an Eaton chutch type locker or anthing similar and have issues with binding in sharp turns? My truck does it now a little bit at times with the stock LS carrier in the back. My old truck in 4WD would bind up so bad it would stop moving(with an eaton). I know the AWD transfer case is different. Just wondering if i should go this route.

I done exactly what your looking to do and have not had a single issue. I say go for it.

Your truck doesnt have just a plain Limited Slip, it is an Eaton G80 automatic locker which is an absolute POS. I just went through mine and upgraded it to a Detroit True Trac. The binding/shudder you feel is from one of two reasons......either there is film built up on the clutches in the G80 causing the shudder, or you have teeth stripped off the spider gear in the G80. The only way to know what is going on is to pull the cover. If the issue is film on the clutches, dousing them with a few cans of brake cleaner should remedy it. Make sure to refill with 75w-90 Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Oil. If there is teeth off the spider gear on the magnet, you will have to replace the G80.

I recently thought mine was just a clutch film issue, but I was wrong.......

G80 Shudder