Turbo Questions

nicolaswaldron

Hey i am planning on buying a awd silverado ss.

I want to add a rear mount turbo to it.

I also want to:cold air intake, air cooler, oil lines, upgraded fuel pump, 75lbs injectors, trans cooler upgrade, oil return pump, wastegate, turbo, bov, shift kit, corvette servo,a/f ratio guage, boost guage, boost controllerand a full tune.

does anyone have a blueprint, diy, or any info on the materials or plans i would need to do this?

What parts info, what parts should i get, how to add them, and any other motor or trans upgrades i may need.

Also, i want to upgrade to a max of maybe 500 hp. now i understand how awd works, thats not a problem. I also want to be able to pull some weight, like a small 4cyl car or some 4 wheelers. How will this rear mount turbo upgrade affect that. If anyone can, please help me.

get ahold of sts turbo and a few members on here have them. im looking in to the sts system myself here is there web site.

http://www.ststurbo.com/

Edited by mcmahan (see edit history)

He meant 75lbs at 4 bar(58 PSI) which is about what 60lb injector are in our trucks since we run 58-60 of fuel pressure. :cheers:

i doubt he did , if so he is the first person to rate them at 4 bar where as every injector i have seen advertised is 43.5 aka 3 bar.

i do know that there is now a 79lb injector @ 43.5 from racetronix. only 150 a piece.

i doubt he did , if so he is the first person to rate them at 4 bar where as every injector i have seen advertised is 43.5 aka 3 bar.

i do know that there is now a 79lb injector @ 43.5 from racetronix. only 150 a piece.

Actually, Ford rates their injectors at 39.15 PSI. This quote is from the 2008 Ford Racing Catalog "All injector flow rates are quoted at a delta pressure of 39.15 psi. To convert to a delta pressure of 43.5 psi, multiply flow rate by 1.054."

Here is the link showing some Ford Cobra injectors that people call 39lb injectors but they actually flow more at 43.5 PSI: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=5941

Also, Dodge rates their injectors at 4 bar(58 PSI) because their fuel systems run at that pressure.

You are right though "most" "aftermarket" companies rate their injectors at 3 bar(43.5 PSI). :cheers:

I think you should slow down and start doing a lot of research before you get going any further. OR just buy an STS kit and take your truck to a shop- tell em you want 500hp and let them rip you a new one...

If you REALLY want a turbo kit now just buy the STS kit and either put it on yourself or get it put on my professionals, do the regular tranny mods (-search before you ask), and have fun- cause that alone will be fast enough for any normal person. Start slow and plan everything out