First Kill

bubba3689

a friend of mine has a friend that has a new tundra with the 5.7. he was always talking about it and how it had 400 hp and 420 torque so i told him we should run them. he has a k&n intake and i have the mods below. i took him off the line and never looked back. i had four lengths on him. we raced about a 1/4 of a mile maybe a little more. when we finished all he had was excuses. gained a little bit on a friendly wager too. another one for :chevy:

i've been trying to look for one of them and just seem to have no luck. it's either a chubby ass woman driving or some dumb ass old man who i don't know maybe doesn't want to live a little??? but i trying looking for them well those and the titans but no luck! nice kill! maybe next time you guys run you can get a vid of the run and post it up!

i've been trying to look for one of them and just seem to have no luck. it's either a chubby ass woman driving or some dumb ass old man who i don't know maybe doesn't want to live a little??? but i trying looking for them well those and the titans but no luck! nice kill! maybe next time you guys run you can get a vid of the run and post it up!

Should come to the AK; plenty of them up here. Haven't tried to race on yet, would like to though. The local Kendall dealer has at least 200 of those tundras sitting in various lots around town. Can't seem to sell them.

Nice kill inSSane!

a friend of mine has a friend that has a new tundra with the 5.7. he was always talking about it and how it had 400 hp and 420 torque

Im sorry but your friend is full of it if he thinks he has 400hp with just an intake. I have and Intake,exhaust, headers, and a custom tune and im barely over 400 at the crank. He must believe what the K&N box says and just adds it to the 381, because we all know how accurate that is.

Nice Kill. Its always that much sweeter to hand a cocky person their ass, and even sweeter when its a friend.

Was it a crewmax or a double cab? What does your truck run in the 1/4 right now? Those Tundras are fast with the right person behind the wheel. I'm not going to lie...I've had my ass handed to me by one and it was bone stock. My truck is almost stock too and with a tune I should be able to take him.

I haven't had a chance to go to the track yet. but with the tune,servo,tstat,and exhuast this truck its really waking up. I got a aem brute force exhuast on the way and will be getting long tubes soon. hope fully that will make this truck meaner. then after that I am going to try to add a 75 to 100 $ hp shot. any idea of what I should be running with the tstat, tune, enhuast,servo, tune, and intake. and about what how many hp I have. I live in the middle of nowhere and we don't have any shops or dyno or anything around

Edited by inSSane (see edit history)

I haven't had a chance to go to the track yet. but with the tune,servo,tstat,and exhuast this truck its really waking up. I got a aem brute force exhuast on the way and will be getting long tubes soon. hope fully that will make this truck meaner. then after that I am going to try to add a 75 to 100 $ hp shot. any idea of what I should be running with the tstat, tune, enhuast,servo, tune, and intake. and about what how many hp I have. I live in the middle of nowhere and we don't have any shops or dyno or anything around

I have yet to hit the track in my truck but I can give you a rundown of how my truck is running against other trucks with known times and what mods I have. A buddy of mine has a 5.7 Tundra DC that only has dual cherrybombs in place of the stock trashcan and he's pulling 14.29@96 and he beats me by less than a truck. When we last raced the only thing done to my truck was a dual in/out flowmaster in place of the stocker. I now have a K&N and a Transgo HD-2 kit with full servos but no tuning. My cousin and I split HP Tuners and he's been tuning away so after new years I'll be tuned and ready to go. I'm hoping to get some LTs and true duals before I tune then I'm going with a TSP 228R cam. I'm hoping for 13.50s NA then I might spray it for 12s.