Finding a stock PCM

So I decided to get a Nelson Performance tune and... of course I had to get a shift kit, plugs and wire to go with it... :D

I went with the NGK-TR55 plugs and Magnecore wires from tByrne .... for the shift kit I am getting the TransGo with the Corvette Servo from KDS.... I hear that this kit should work even though on the site it says it's not for the 4l60e??? I guess we will find out.

The question I have is this, I would like to keep the stock pcm so I can easily change it out if needed.... where can I find a stock pcm for a SS??? I have done searches and such but no luck. I suppose going right to chevy parts from a dealer would work but I can see that getting pricey.. Any suggestions? Also.. is this worth it? Does anyone ever see the need to keep the stock one around just in case or am I wasting money?

Also.. Allan from Nelson said he needs the SERVICE NUMBER from my pcm... and that most of them would be the same. The numbers he said they would end in are 605, 242 or 106. My SERVICE NUMER is 1258642. Has anyone else gone through this.... how will this effect the ability to trade out the pcm?

Thanks in advace! :seeya:

I have considered getting a spare PCM because I am doing my own tuning. If I accidentally screw up and scramble the PCM, it would be nice to have a spare so the truck would still run.

If you are getting a custom tune from a tuner, you shouldn't have any worries. They won't give you a scrambled PCM.

;)

Archived