Push Button Start..

nicolaswaldron

i want to put a push button start where the ignition is at, how possible is that and how would i do that?

I want to put that where my ignition and key goes, but how do i shut the truck off after words? any ideers. thanks

Edited by justone33 (see edit history)

i know toyota trd has a start/stop push button, does any one know how this works and could instruct me on how to do this? i know a reg push button would re-engage the starter if pushed twice, but this trd starts does both, start and stop the engine, if anyone has any clues please let me know.

I had the push button start on my last truck was pretty easy to set up just had it wired to the starter relay and the ignition on wire. You still had to put the key in and put it to the on position and then push the button, and to shut it off you just turn the key back. Now to do what you are talking about idk I think the TRD's and other like it its hooked up to the ecm and the ecm gives out the on/off signal. But tottally not sure ill look it up pretty interested on how it could work.

On my Toyota, when I put the key into the ignition all I have to do is tap it and it stars up on it's own. I'm so use to how that starts that I find myself doing that with the SS but it doesn't start up on it's own. : (

On my Toyota, when I put the key into the ignition all I have to do is tap it and it stars up on it's own. I'm so use to how that starts that I find myself doing that with the SS but it doesn't start up on it's own. : (

the 06 has PCM controlled starting lol... :P

as far as the push button thing goes... stylintrucks sells the buttons in every color, all they really do is bridge the gap between the starter solinoid and the ignition. however, you CANT wire any type of near safe ON/OFF ignition system without the key. and wihtout the *internal* help of the PCM, it will be near impossible for you to get a button that turns the car not only on, but off.

to install a push button start- you need the schematics for the PCM in your truck, the fuse block under hood (if an 06)... if a pre-06 all you have to do is run a wire from the ignition wiring (the wire thats only hot when the ignition is ON, not a starter wire), to the starting wire on the starter solinoid. doing this will make the truck act just like the SRT10 does. you will put the key in, turn to ON, and push the button to start.

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)