Tach Problems

So last night before I went to the track, my tach went crazy on me. At idle it was dead but when I drove around the block at 25mph it was all over the place. She's running normal, no missing or anything. I saw something a while back about a GM recall w/the speedo, same thing???

Sounds like stepper motor issues to me. Under waranty? Take it in.

:withstupid:

I had mine done twice, my fuel guage was reading 1/2 a tank with $20 worth of gas in it and had the empty light on (1st change). Also my speedo was stuck on 120mph a different time which required another change. I believe its a recall as I recieved something in the mail about it (I have to dig that letter up, could be wrong and its just the warranty info on my guages). Once they replace it, they warranty the new guages for 70k miles (I know mine is). If you dont have a warranty you can buy refurbished ones off ebay.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

GM sent letters out. Too bad I was past the milage part of the warranty. Mine has messed up a few times with the spedo not coming down fast enough so it ends up rading like 95 when I'm only going like 55. Get it fixed while it's still under the warranty recall.

• 1 month later...

Just an update, I got my gauge pod replaced just over a month ago. It was a good thing I got it replaced when I did both my tach and trans gauge were inop. I guess only certain trucks were having gauge issues and under the recall. I was just lucky to have a guy on the inside.

Edited by 918SS (see edit history)