Blacked Out Then Flat Blacked The Top Bodyline

Meegs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then I was not Satisfied...so I went another step further.

FlatBlackHeadlight1.jpg

FlatBlackHoodwithGreenTape1.jpg

FlatBlackProfile1.jpg

FlatBlackProfilewithGreenTape1.jpg

FlatBlackProfilewithGreenTape2.jpg

As you can see I am Never Satisfied. Hence the name Never Satisfied Customs.com

I just got such a hard-on @ SEMA 2007 and now with SEMA 2008 that I will be leaving for on Friday, I wanted to "keep up with the Jones's" so to speek.

I am having a hard time with the pin-stripe color. Matt Red would date it too much for the old Gasser/ Muscle Car era. I am thinking about doing a green. I only had time to use painters pin-stripe green tape. But I am thinking the Sublime Lime from the Mopar line would be a good fit. What do you think?

I honestly been thinking about painting my truck flat black i have a 05RCSB that will soon have all SS cladding and bumpers on but then i think about the truck not having that shiney glossy look anymore....but you seemed to have mixed both in on your SS and i think it looks great!

I honestly been thinking about painting my truck flat black i have a 05RCSB that will soon have all SS cladding and bumpers on but then i think about the truck not having that shiney glossy look anymore....but you seemed to have mixed both in on your SS and i think it looks great!

Hey Thanks man! I can't say I have seen a flat black SSS yet- but, I don't surf the interweb all too ofter either. After the winter lifts from Minnesota some black 22"z will complete the look.

I'm also crossed with what to do with the SS emblems. Right now I have 3 options

1) Gloss Black like the '94-'96 Impala

2) Flat black...well just cuz

3) Shave them off

After all this is complete, I will be sure and post up some more pics so others can see how their truck would look. Should they choose to go down this path...

The truck has a BellTech 2/2 knuckles and shackles

Edited by Meegs (see edit history)

That is interesting that you painted the top of the lites. I like that. nice work

I did not want to say anything about that. I was wondering if anyone would notice or not. I am a fan of the square bodies, like the early 80's C/K trucks. I like strong rigid lines, not random geometric lines, as how the headlights deform the front of our trucks. Some like the headlights, I personaly do not. But you know that is what makes the world go round.

Edited by Meegs (see edit history)