Just Another Lil Update

Well been awhile since I posted up the status of how my trucks going along. I got my ceramic coated pacesetters and y-pipe in today. Yestersday morning I installed the 34" HD radiator with better bigger dual electric fans. The pics are from my phone but ill get better ones up asap when I start installing the headers tomarrow morning. Oh and I also got my Nelson tune in last week so as soon as i get all this put in im gunna try to set up a day to go to San Antonio and see what the truck runs at the track. Ill keep you all posted. :chevy:

newrad2.jpg

headers1.jpgheaders.jpg

newrad1.jpg

I got the long tubes from Texas Speed and performance. I got the radiator from my buddy who works at the dealership for $100, hes the parts manager so he gets parts really cheap. I also got my turn signal mirrors and 06 tail lights from him also.

Edited by SSTruck1 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I ordered the longer ones by accident. I ordered them from Texas Speed & Performance and I didnt notice it right away but I had clicked the first one on the list which are the longer ones. I really dont know why they would sell a long and a short kit but oh well. There only a few more inches longer then my old Callaway wires they replaced and they really dont rub up or touch anything so im not too worried about them. But I thought the same thing when I first saw them.

Edited by SSTruck1 (see edit history)

I got the fans from Advance auto parts there about $80 a piece after tax but if I wanted to I could have waited and got the 05 electric fans and they would have bolted right up. My buddy at the dealership didnt have them in stock so I didnt feel like waiting a couple of weeks for them. The fans I got are pretty good quality so far I havnt got even close to over heating with them or have had any problems with them, they work really well for my truck espacially since I have the 160 thermo. Id say all of it combined I paid around $270 including all the wiring and the relay and misc stuff. Actuall price would have been alot more, I think the radiator runs around $300 from the dealer but im sure if you check ebay or a yard around you you cold get it cheaper.

The truck runs alot better then it did stock, I ran a regular cab hemi and beat him pretty good about 2 trucks. I juss got my Volant intake in today so now I got well rounded truck for now. Iv been looking at that Harris Speed Works nitrous plate kit for a while and I just might have to order it in the near future when I get used to what I got now.......Damn that power bug!!! :chevy:

100_3070.jpg

Looks good! Yea once I get my new brakes and pads, exhaust and E-fans will be after that. Just probably gonna do the LS1 fan swap and save a couple bucks so I can throw that towards a bigger trans cooler for when I go to a higher stall converter.

You running 93?

Yeah im running the 93 street tune from Nelson Performance, but iv always ran 93 in my truck. What kind of stall are you going to get and how high, right now im having some problems with my tranny when i gun it anywhere under 30, it either the first gear bands are slipping or the converter is slipping a lil cant really tell. just revs up kinda high and then kicks in. during normal driving its fine just at wot under 30 is when it acts up.