Help Me, Sound Gone!

Hi, did any of you had that problem that the sound just went of your stereo... mine went of and came back for 2 hours but now it´s totally dead!! the stereo works with search options on radio and i can change cd 1-6 and random files, but still NO sound!!!

What´s wrong? Is it the amplifier? or the oem headunit? or a known problem????

Thx from denmark

PS: it´s a 2003 aws ss

post-16483-1225449676_thumb.jpg

if you have an aftermarket amplifier, check the "power" light on your amp... if the amp is not recieving power, turn the truck on and turn the radio on, get a 3" piece of speaker wire and put one end on the remote terminal and the other end on the power terminal, if the sound comes back on, your remote wire needs to be replace.. if you do that and there is no lights still, check your fuses...

anything factory, i would have no idea.... but from what it sounds like is that everything in your deck works, your issues are coming from the amp.....

if all the proper lights are on that are suppose to be and still no sound, try getting a new set of rca jacks....

hope this helps!

well from my past run in with bose the speakers run off amps. im not sure with the sss but i do know that some vehicles with this system have a amp per speaker. i would check the factory amp on the sub and see what its doing. ill ask uncald4 he does this for a living.

I had the same problem with my 03 Sierra w/Bose. Could never reproduce it for the dealer to fix it. Happened a few times - 1 time lasted about an hour, the other time about 20 minutes.

Do your door chimes work?

NO NO NO chimes do not work at all....

it´s not aftermarket, but bose sound factory, all wiring and connections are ok... don´t get it, but thx for your help so far, will get in to it this weekend....

Edited by jesper m denmark (see edit history)

sounds like your amp is bad man sorry to say that

the factory amp in ur center console has to be bad. i install and ive seen that problem b4. the best thing is get an aftermarket radio and have somone do a bypass on it. unless u spend about 300 bucks on top of the aftermarket radio u will lose ur steering controls. i have a double din with a full system (component speakers, 4 channel amp, subs, mono channel amp etc...) it sucks but u might have to spend about 3 bills

post-16611-1225754338_thumb.jpg