Help! Trans Acting Funny.

So the temperature dropped relatively quickly in my area. My trans seems to hold 1st gear out way too long (up to 5-6K) then drop for a few seconds into second gear then right to third. If im cruising in any gear but first the truck is fine but once I come to a complete stop, the Trans holds onto first for way too long.

What could be wrong? :confused::(

78K miles

edit: the temps never go past 150...after an hour of driving it is at about 125.

Edited by 67speeda (see edit history)

there are a bunch of HIGH performace builders out there tci, b&m, raptor but they all are going to cost ya ive had real good luck with the no name guys on ebay they use the same hard parts but are easier on the price becaise they dont have to pay for their name and most times you can get a tranny for a lower price with a warr. without having to ship your core

there are a bunch of HIGH performace builders out there tci, b&m, raptor but they all are going to cost ya ive had real good luck with the no name guys on ebay they use the same hard parts but are easier on the price becaise they dont have to pay for their name and most times you can get a tranny for a lower price with a warr. without having to ship your core

I work with a guy who is ASE certified GM tech with transmission for something like 30 years. Going to get an estimate from him, but what parts could i order and give him to keep this pos from blowing again. servo, shift kit, tune, 2500rpm stall converter, etc....

any list of parts to get for a truck that only has an intake and exhaust. (soon a tune)

, but what parts could i order and give him to keep this pos from blowing again. servo, shift kit, tune, 2500rpm stall converter, etc....

any list of parts to get for a truck that only has an intake and exhaust. (soon a tune)

dont forget your aluminum accumilator piston :D just had all that put in with stock stall and no tune and in very happy with it

"Zippy kit"

Sonnax Boost valve: 77898E-K up to 2004 and 77898E-7K for 05' and newer.

Superior Products 4th gear billet servo: K034

Superior Products Super Servo: K012

Superior Products Shift Correction kit: K4L60E-L for 04' and older and for 05' and newer you can use the older kit K4L60E since the TCC valve isn't changed in them. I don't recomend using the full instructions with this kit.

Metal Acccumulator piston for the 1-2 Accumulator

from d&e automotive 616-249-9622

(ask them about your rebuild kit and tc)

Spacer plate from GM with gaskets and screens built into the plate. Part number: 24241783

from a gm dealer

there are a bunch of HIGH performace builders out there tci, b&m, raptor but they all are going to cost ya ive had real good luck with the no name guys on ebay they use the same hard parts but are easier on the price becaise they dont have to pay for their name and most times you can get a ranny for a lower price with a warr. without having to ship your core

Please I beg you, do not buy a transmission from TCI! If you look at the cost of a stock rebuild vs. a built trans, believe it or not the cost for a built unit isnt really that much more. There are a few great companies out there that build awesome transmissions that are track and abuse proven.....

Finish Line Transmissions(FLT)

Rossler

RPM

PerformaBuilt

HPM

If you have a local builder that you are confident can build your trans strong for a decent price, by all means go for it, but make sure to do your research and explore all your options first.

might as well get a fully built tranny

:withstupid: the only way to go IMO

Please I beg you, do not buy a transmission from TCI! If you look at the cost of a stock rebuild vs. a built trans, believe it or not the cost for a built unit isnt really that much more. There are a few great companies out there that build awesome transmissions that are track and abuse proven.....

Finish Line Transmissions(FLT)

Rossler

RPM

PerformaBuilt

HPM

If you have a local builder that you are confident can build your trans strong for a decent price, by all means go for it, but make sure to do your research and explore all your options first.

:withstupid: the only way to go IMO

are u boosted? i was pushing 9 on my mag b4 i switched to a turbo and my tranny did the same thing. i guess too many launches or something but the tranny couldnt hold and finally went to hell

post-16611-1225666900_thumb.jpg

are u boosted? i was pushing 9 on my mag b4 i switched to a turbo and my tranny did the same thing. i guess too many launches or something but the tranny couldnt hold and finally went to hell

no boost..........built trans, built rear, stock motor, NA w/all bolt ons