Hi All!

misterp

:D OK back on the forum. My apologies to anyone that has needed to contact me but it has been necessary to drop off the grid this last month to concentrate on my life; I've finally stopped the hemmoraging so to say, I feel like I'm back on top of things. I hope everyone has been well and had a good Halloween holiday with family and friends.

Life, Love, and The Truck -

I realize now I have been saddled with depression these last couple years. I mean let's face facts my life has not progressed a step forward since 2005. But this last 6-weeks has been pretty positive and very adventure-filled, as always lots to tell.

Biggest news is that I have a serious relationship with a young woman (Heather), she's a licensed massage therapist in Plano; we've been an item for 5-months now. Yesterday was her birthday, she's 27. I know you sickos want pics of Heather, and yes she's photogenic and I won't exactly go into her photo resume but it does include modeling and Oh Yeah is she easy on the eyes! Heather is divorced with three kids (6, 5, and 8-mos, don't worry all from the same ex lol) and she is just beautiful inside and out. We get along GREAT and have proven to be very healing for each other, she is so fantastic for me in many ways. Every time I turn around she's instictively just doing the right thing, saying the right thing, by far the easiest woman to love that I've been with. At the risk of sounding totally p-whipped we have become very closely bonded, this is the first time that I have had someone in my life that genuinely cares about me as much as I do for them; it's nice to finally have a woman who lives her life on an equal footing that way. Heather has many times already gone the extra mile for me/us and I don't mean just free massages lol. She's great and I'm proud to say I love her.

And OMG she just loves the truck; she wants to buy an arrival blue SSS this next year, I've seriously tried to talk her out of it but there is no changing her mind she's dead set decided to have one! So looks like 2 SSS's to feed soon... She is also a rabid Cowboys fan, she stomps and throws stuff at the TV and cusses and screams and pouts and jumps up and down and wears her official Romo jersey and Cowboys booty shorts lol.

My initial "Stephenville Exit Plan" fell completely through; at first my adopted folks offered me free room in their "detached apartment", telling me that it has been vacant a long while and needed a couple-days of fixing-up but if I wanted to do the labor they would provide the materials and I could stay rent-free long term and get my feet back on the ground. I was very happy for the offer, SO - after moving all my stuff into storage at fellow SSSrs homes (I got my crap scattered al over Denton County) I came out and looked at "the apartment" and had HUGE reality shock, it was the center two stalls of a horsebarn converted to a liveable space about 40-years ago and the roof had failed, so rain had collapsed the ceiling and 1/2 of the exterior wall of the barn (kid you not, you could shake 10-ft of exterior wall it rotted the bottom sill plates away). I opened the door and the remaining ceiling was BLACK with mold, the smell positively chased you back. It was bad bad bad. The entire space was only 12 x 25, and not laid-out well at all, I'll spare you the rest of the description and story of the rodents, insects, and reptiles. Anyways, 2-days later I came down with MAJOR mold sickness, bleeding from the sinuses non-stop for over a week and bed-stricken an entire day. Heather freaked and told me to stay with her and don't even consider visiting that mold trap again, a proposal I have happily accepted.

Heather, her kids, and I are sharing an apartment in Denton. We are in a 1500-sq foot unit in a 4-plex, one neighbor is cool but the second is a psycho lady you can hear through the walls regularly wailing on her 11-yr old asthmatic son and throwing him against the walls (we've called CPS on her, she f'n hates us now) and the 4th neighbor is a crazy-ass-bitch black single mom mid-40s 265-lbs partying 24/7 always gone with two high school boys raising themselves and just 2 weeks ago discovered she was 7-mos pregnant (sh!t you not) and has threatened us with calling over her homies (fellow crackheads) to keep us in line because her youngest boy knocked on our door at 9pm hungry and locked-out of his own apartment and hungry so I called her on the phone and yelled at her to come parent her kids. Whatever. The neighboring houses all around us are termite traps, a few boarded-up, all have exterior paint peeled off not a single one has new paint; most have open cinder block foundations. We have four surrounding houses within a block that have "activity" night-and-day. We are less than 1/4-mile from the busiest train track between north TX and OK, train whistles going all day and night. Heather says, you know you're in the ghetto if you live within a few blocks of anything named after Martin Luther King and sure enough down the street is a MLK City Park LOL. I ordered Verizon service here for internet and TV, the Verizon guy told me on the phone that first he would have to make sure another truck was working closeby 'for backup'. It's common here to see a fully grown man giving one of his buddies a ride on the handlebars of his Schwinn 5-speed. I am seriously worried about the truck, I am going to ask PimpSS or CoolBlueSS if I can park it over at their places rather than here at the apartment. And I'll have to let Heather tell you all the stories of being hit on regularly by the playas around here these last 6-weeks, it's as scary as it is laughingly funny; she goes outside to smoke a cigarette and these idiots just fall over themselves to proposition her.

But we have a plan and a budget and are working to make it all happen, we should be moved out of here and living somewhere around Plano on New Years. To Heather's credit she's up at 4:45 every morning to have her kids at daycare at 6:30 and then 45-minute commute to Plano; I don't see them back here until 7:30 every night. But pretty soon I'm going to have to join that daily rat race, just this last two days ago the situation between dad and I has finally ended. Good. Until now even though I moved out of Stephenville I was working remotely on wrapping-up loose ends at my prior (family) job but that only escalated into working on new stuff remotely... now I am free and will be working up my resume FINALLY. I'm not worried about getting a job; I am worried about getting a 6-figure job with this latest shift in the economy; and man I gotta get it because that $2000/mo child support bill adds up fast.

With it all Heather and I are very, very happy. This is by far the best relationship I've ever been in, as well as the most fun and most rewarding. We're going to make it. ;)

I'm now seeing the chiropractor Heather works for and getting straightened out, we took xrays and because of my mouse use one of my right-hand ribs has fully detached from its vertebra, and pulled my back out between my shoulderblades, and rotated my hip. Doc says I'm lucky it's caught early and he can reverse it all and I'll not most likely not develop arthritis; afterwhich I want to get back onto serious weight training again, use it or loose it!

I'm sure most of you heard while moving from Stephenville the transmission in the truck began to leak out the front pump seal; and by leak I mean it used over a dozen quarts in a week (I lost count). By the time I parked the truck and (with lots of help from TXArchitect and MidnightRidr) removed the transmission the underside of the truck was a dripping mess, there was so much tranny fluid on the tailgate it was coated and even the rear brakes were dripping wet with ATF. The exhaust under the tranny was coated in 1/8" thick burned-on ATF. A F'n mess. Jason (MIDNIGHTRIDR) took a couple pics but I lost his photobucket links to them... The verdict is that most likely the converter was not torqued to the flywheel correctly thus causing it to be slightly cocked and over a year's time the input hub on the converter ate away the main pump bearing; the transmission needed to come out anyways, the 3-4 clutch pack has been slipping a long time. Finally this last week the transmission is back in the truck, and the repair bill was expensive. Every bearing surface in the unit was scored badly, including the rear planetaries. So again lots of hard parts plus all new frictions, not to mention total change in shift kit strategy. Also, more bad news the anchor for the band has oblonged the hole in the case, so this will be the last build for this transmission; I have worn out the case; next rebuild will require a new core. I also had my converter stall tightened from 2800 to 2600 while it was apart for hub repair; Hmmm you ask yourself, why would Mr. P. lower the stall speed on his converter... stay tuned hehehe.

OK going to sign off now, tomorrow I've gotta fly to OKC to help my adopted folks tear down a booth at a trade show and drive them back home to Lewisville, "adaopted mom" just had both knees replaced 6-weeks ago and needs all the help she can get. So I gotta hit the rack. Now that my time is freed-up I will start returning the PMs that have stacked-up these last few weeks.

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Steve and Welcome Back!!! It's nice to see that things are looking up! Sucks about the neighborhood you're in, but the experience will just make the next place that much nicer. We also have some areas up here that are deemed 2-man areas for work as well (also Verizon). Gotta love it.

Once again, good luck with everything and hopefully with your plan you get where you want on time!

i to am whooped.......

welcome back and hope everything goes well...

seriously, i keep coming back to this forum because of the fact that everyone here is pretty dang cool.... there are no issues with spam nor flaming, thanks for having me EVERYONE!

So Karma has been treating you good all of a sudden. New serious relationship, with a massage therapist, who has done modeling, loves your hobby, and most important ....... IS A COWBOYS FAN!!!!!!!

Glad to see you back man .... there was definately a piece missing to the forum. Congrats on your progression, many more to come!!

Sounds awesome man, glad to hear things are coming together. Try to get the truck out of there asap, if that old hag is willing to have her sally a$$ "homies" come to your door they wont think twice of your truck (most likely truck 1st and no door visit).

Also, you might want to get Heather a shooting taser gun to show those boys on the block she doesnt f*ck around (wheres chuck when you need em....).

Congrats on the new joy in life (heather) and to a healthy future.