Cladding Damage.

I noticed this friday night and have no idea where it came from but it's starts at the back of the pass. side door and runs the whole way to the back of the cab. Can this be fixed or do I need new cladding? There are 2 pretty deep grooves into them. F@ckin pisses me off i'm very picky with this truck.

HPIM2154.jpg

:omg:

Sorry to hear Luke, I know how you take care of your SSS. I am meticulous with mine, but you take it to a whole new level. You may be able to fill/sand/prime/paint that....but replacing it may be cheaper.

That had to have happened at the track?

That sucks, but i would think filling and painting it would do the trick. I also have some scratches/grooves from when a shopping cart hit the side of my truck and plan to get it re-painted by the end of the year.

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to see that man, yeah it's aggravating as hell some jerk just took $500 out of your pocket.

I had a lot of my cladding fixed 2 seasons ago and I have some hints for you - fixing it is not that hard, they have plastic filler stuff for that. But the issue is reattaching the cladding to the truck. When my truck was done the shop was not heated, and the two-sided tape failed in about 6-months from being put on cold parts, I've got a couple pieces of cladding that are threatening to fall off now. Also, very VERY important - the alignment of cladding on the front doors is critical, if it is too far forward then the front edge of the cladding will rub the pillar as you open the door and there is like almost zero tolerance on the fit-up; my truck the cladding will not rub in the winter, but in the summer because of the heat of the sun the front edge of my door cladding will rub on the driver's side :banghead: so now it needs to be fixed again. Those are the two major things to look for, get those two details right and it'll be AOK.

Mr. P. :)