Island Dragway Sunday 11/16/08

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know guys I hate to say it, but saturdays forecast does not look good.....this happened to us the last time we tried to hit Island on a sunday and the track was flooded.....the forecast is calling for 1-2 inches of rain saturday. Even if Island is open sunday, we will also have to contend with all the Gamblers races from the previous day. We may wind up using the rain date, stay tuned.......

:sigh:

Naaa, Sunday will be fine. :cheers: Regular race season is over and that is where the crowd comes from. Yea they were going to have a gambler's race on Saturday however I doubt they will carry that over to Sunday. The end of the season is hit or miss when it comes to Island. Sunday may be a very light day or may be crowded due to the GREAT weather conditions expected.

I went to the last Friday night street legals and it was EMPTY. A white lightning got at least 15 runs in 2 hours. It was so quiet that the starting line guys pulled out chairs to sit down because no-one was in the staging lanes.

I fully expect next weekend to be packed! Reason: All of the trailers need to be removed from the pits for the winter by the end of the month. Next week is the last test and tune scheduled. I fully expect all the pro racers to go to the last test and tunes, do some runs, pack it all up and haul all of the trailers (that rent space at the track) home. Not too many want to make a special trip over Thanksgiving just to pick up their trailer.

All IMHO of course! :chevy:

Unfortunately it looks like I may not be able to make it. I am in the middle of building a new house and there are a few things that need to get down before the inspector comes monday morning. So I might have to do that Sunday. With all the rainy weather were having and the fact that it gets dark way too early, I might have to do it Sunday. I'll keep all you posted.

Unfortunately it looks like I may not be able to make it. I am in the middle of building a new house and there are a few things that need to get down before the inspector comes monday morning. So I might have to do that Sunday. With all the rainy weather were having and the fact that it gets dark way too early, I might have to do it Sunday. I'll keep all you posted.

:cry:

Luke, your 11 sec pass is awaiting your run at Island! Totally understand. I was heavily involved in building my house which required alot of my time. You have to be all over the contractors otherwise you will get SCREWED and not know it. Hell, I even counted the amount of nails in each stud before I let the sheetrock begin...they loved me :sigh:

:cry:

Luke, your 11 sec pass is awaiting your run at Island! Totally understand. I was heavily involved in building my house which required alot of my time. You have to be all over the contractors otherwise you will get SCREWED and not know it. Hell, I even counted the amount of nails in each stud before I let the sheetrock begin...they loved me :sigh:

Yea I really want to go but the house is more important. I'll definitly get my 11sec pass in the spring. I have a couple things to do to the truck this winter. (hint hint :P )

What's the deal,...is this still on???? Its WINDY as hell up here right now. I think we have 25mph winds with higher gusts! :uhoh: Anyone gonna call the track? Mark / Dan, shoot me a text if it is still on as I may not be on the computer later. :chevy: