Tire Paint?

I found a pretty good deal on a set of nitto nt420s but the only thing holding me back is that they are the ones with the red stripe.

So my question is, has anybody had any experience with a good paint that would stick to the tire (for a reasonable amount of time) and cover up the red?

Or even better, has anyone had this particular tire and the red doesn't look as bad as I think it might? (btw my truck is white)

Thanks

red in the tread or red on the sidewall? you will never get anything to stick for long periods of time in my opinion. if its a really good deal buy em. unless you really dont want the red stripe. personally sounds like it might look kinda neat

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)

red in the tread or red on the sidewall? you will never get anything to stick for long periods of time in my opinion. if its a really good deal buy em. unless you really dont want the red stripe. personally sounds like it might look kinda neat

It is a red stripe on the sidewall, maybe about an inch or so wide.

Thats kind of what I was thinking about paint sticking, I am just trying to see if maybe there is a good product out there that I haven't heard of. And ya, I think there is potential it could look alright, but I'm afraid it could look a little ridiculous also

Edited by jbVHO (see edit history)

Actually the lip of the wheel that is red on the Charger, but gives an idea of how it would look. I think it could work with the right combination. If not, could you just put the redline in? Used to do that all the time with my mud tires when I didn't want to see the raised white letters.

*****Sorry in advance for the NON GM pics*****

IMG_1427.jpg

24995d1173846078-hot-wheels-and-redlines-w_dsc1084.jpg

24994d1173846078-hot-wheels-and-redlines-w_dsc1125.jpg

product_369976.jpg

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

Actually the lip of the wheel that is red on the Charger, but gives an idea of how it would look. I think it could work with the right combination. If not, could you just put the redline in? Used to do that all the time with my mud tires when I didn't want to see the raised white letters.

I think that Nitto doesn't recommend that because there is a large groove only on the inside of the tire. BTW thanks for the pics, I just wish I could find some pics with white vehicles so I could have a better idea.

i like it. its different. go for it

I agree, on a black car with some other red pieces on the car they look pretty good.

I am just scared of making a several hundred dollar mistake lol :dunno:

Throw them on Black Factory SS wheels with Red Z06 Calipers behind them.... As long as your truck has NO chrome, I think it would work IMO

Ya thats the problem though, I have a white VHO so the front bumper has that huge chrome strip in the middle, and I'm not sure I want new wheels right now so those are chrome also.

So with all that said, I think I have kind of made up my mind to pass on the ones with the red and just get a normal set of tires lol

But thanks for all your input man, its appreciated :cheers: