Throttle Body, Coolant Bypass

Les Hall

I have noticed alot of you guys have the coolent bypass listed in your mods, I did a search but didn't find much on it, I assume what everyone is talking about is re-routing the coolant line that runs through the throttle body,,Im guessing this is to help with cooler air intake, what I was wandering is : Is this worth doing on a stock engine? (CIA, Hypertech programmer,,Magnaflow Muffler) and will this be ok to run durring the winter months? I also wanna get a 160 or 180 Thermostat,, will I see any difference with a stock setup?

it wouldnt make a difference to be there or not to be there durning the winter, its ONLY purpose it to cool the TB with coolant passing through it, which it actually heats the bitch up. so just remove it and you will be fine, no freezing up ar TB getting hot

it wouldnt make a difference to be there or not to be there durning the winter, its ONLY purpose it to cool the TB with coolant passing through it, which it actually heats the bitch up. so just remove it and you will be fine, no freezing up ar TB getting hot

I was under the impression that it was designed to keep the TB warm/hot in the winter so that the throttle blade wouldn't ice over.

I know that it keeps the TB hot as hell, and I know I'm not in a cold enough climate to worry about the TB freezing up, but I'm still going to leave it alone.

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

I was under the impression that it was designed to keep the TB warm/hot in the winter so that the throttle blade wouldn't ice over.

I know that it keeps the TB hot as hell, and I know I'm not in a cold enough climate to worry about the TB freezing up, but I'm still going to leave it alone.

nope not at all, trust me you would be fine

So what do you have to do for the bypass....How to?

pull off the 2 coolant lines off of the bottom of the tb and splice them together. Pretty much a waste of time IMO, but I guess every 1/2hp counts and this takes no time at all, and is super cheap, so if your bored, knock yourself out :cheers:

pull off the 2 coolant lines off of the bottom of the tb and splice them together. Pretty much a waste of time IMO, but I guess every 1/2hp counts and this takes no time at all, and is super cheap, so if your bored, knock yourself out :cheers:

if you really think about it you really dont gain any horsepower rather in return you dont loose any HP/TQ when your engine starts to heat up thus getting your TB hot for hotter IAT

• 3 months later...