2/4 Drop, Not On An Ss Though?

Hightower

Hey guys, I've been asking several different questions over on gm-trucks.com, only to never receive the correct answer. So, I thought I'd try here and ask yall. I have an 07 Classic Sierra 2wd and have just recently bought, Belltech 2" drop spindles, Belltech 4" drop hangers/shackles, (4) 20" x 8.5" American Racing Piranha Wheels and a new set of Dunlop 275/55/20's. I want to ask if any of you have had rubbing issues or issues where this setup won't work? This guy at work, who is a huge BS'er, says the fronts won't turn if I drop it. I've seen it on other trucks in town, same setup and they have no issues at all. I also was curious about how it's gonna work when I pull my trailer? Thanks for any help guys! Jason

you will be fine bro. im running 22's and im going with a 3"/4" drop my truck is a sss but im 2wd so kinda the same suspention. there are others that will chime in for sure. good luck.

I have a 3/4.5 drop on a 2wd and im running 24's with no problems. It might right rub a little when you have the wheels locked when backing up depending on the offset, but you probably won't even notice.

Edited by VhoGmc (see edit history)

Great guys! Thanks for the quick replies! I've been asking for over a week on the other site and like I said, keep getting all sorts of screwy answers. How about towing though, will it still be fine? I don't tow much more than 900lbs in my trailer.

whoever told you they wont fit is a tard :smash:

Yeah, he's not the brightest.... I work with a majority of people who don't even own computers. He's never heard of either this forum or the GMT forum. He'd never heard of Tire Rack which, is where I ordered my tires at, about half the price of what they would've been here. Showed him the wheels I bought last week. Got them new from a guy on the GMT forums for half of what they were new. And here's the kicker, saw my co-worker Wednesday and he said and I quote, "When you gunna get dem bad ass wheels on dere?!" Kind of yelling and asking at the same time. I said, "I get the tires Friday and when I lower it 2"-2" (I already have 2" shackles on my truck), I'll mount the tires and put the wheels on.

He started to question me about the drop. He said, "Dude, dem wheels is almost 10" wide, you won't be able to turn if you drop the front that low!" I said, "They're not 10" rims, more like 8" or maybe 9"." He continued to argue with me about it, like most idiots do, who think they're right and you're wrong. So, after thinking about it, I said, I better make sure I'm right before I do all of this and thank god I was and it's because so many of you have said it would work.

This isn't my first lowered project nor, my first truck I bought new. I'm not gonna say I'm always right about customizing trucks but, like I said, I thought I was. Oh and another thing, I told the guy about several websites and said he has the internet but, asks me to look things up for him...? WTH? Oh, one more thing he told me the other day, "Don't lower it, leave it like it is now, put dem wheels on and put some or dem chrome step bars on when you're done!" I was like "WHAT?!", "I'm not doing that!" He then said, "Trust me dude, the more chrome you put on dat thing, the sharper it'll be." I have to disagree with him on that, I mean I like a little chrome here and there but, too much and it'll look like shit to me. Well, sorry to ramble on guys. I'll post some pics when I'm done with it, hopefully at the end of this month. Thanks, Jason

I actually got the tires mounted today and while the NTB guys and I were looking at it, with just the 2" rear drop, we liked it the way it was. So, I'm gonna ship back all the Belltech drop stuff and maybe down the road, add some OE style fender flares. But, thanks so much for all the help guys!