4l60e? Or 4l65e?

Ok I've heard people saying our trucks have a 4L65E in them and visa-versa. I'd just like to know what trans I have so I can buy a shift kit. Is there any difference between the two trannys? Any difference between the two shift kits? Please help!! Lol! ...BTW I have a 2003 SS AWD.

Edited by 03TNSSS (see edit history)

VERY IMPORTANT for those in the torque converter market: the front pump was redesigned on the 4L70E and the converter for the 4L70E IS NOT interchangeable with a 60-65E converter, the hub depth on the 70E converter is shorter and will not totally engage the pump tangs in a 65E.

Mr. P. :)

VERY IMPORTANT for those in the torque converter market: the front pump was redesigned on the 4L70E and the converter for the 4L70E IS NOT interchangeable with a 60-65E converter, the hub depth on the 70E converter is shorter and will not totally engage the pump tangs in a 65E.

Mr. P. :)

The only difference in the pump is the introduction of an input speed sensor. It is on the back side of the pump and reads off the reluctor on the input shaft. All the trucks with LS based motors use the big (300mm) stator now. The converters are the same from 60/65/70 in the trucks. Corvette use the small input (276mm) like the old 700R4. With any aftermarket torque converter you should check the distance you got to pull the torque converter foward to bolt it up. 1/8 in is the most u want.

Edited by js_silveradoSS (see edit history)