Supercharged Grand Prix

mike1booth

i know someone said they had one on here, my old man has one, well he was in my truck the other day and he was asking about mods (shift kit to be exact) so i was thinking i could get him started for christmas... intake and pully should give him a boot in the pants, but i was wondering what size pully can i do with an intake and an otherwise stock gp

are there any grand prix sites like this?

Best site in the world for grand prixs is www.clubgp.com

Best tuner to consult with is www.zzperformance.com

I could go on and on about what to do and not to do. The stock GP M90 is a heat pump and can not take a 3.4" pulley mod without supporting mods like a tune, headers, exhaust, and down pipe, etc. Call ZZP at that website above and they will get you started in the right direction. You can build an 11sec GP for under $5k with no problem if you turn the wrench yourself. ZZP built my GP with just a cam, headers, tune, exhaust, CAI, and a 3.0" pulley and I went 12.94 with it. Intercoolers or a cam are requisite to go under a 3.4" pulley and as many have found out with grenaded motors, even sometimes a 3.4" is too much without an intercooler or cam. Good luck. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Prepare to put your research thinking cap on though...there is a decade of performance information for the L67 L32 family of engines out there.

ZZP Smashes the 3800 FWD ET Record!

Sat 10-18, we headed out to Knoll Gas Motorsports Park today for their test/tune session. The first pass out of the trailer, boost was set to 22 psi. The burnout was poor so the car was launched at a paultry 4psi. Boost was bumped to 24 in the back half. This was good enough to take the record back by a significant margin and close in on 160mph traps.

60' 1.4232

1/8 5.6610 @ 129.00mph

1/4 8.7292 @ 159.52mph

For the second pass, we dropped the tire pressure a little, got a little better burnout, and launched at 7 psi.

60' 1.3560

1/8 5.5823 @ 128.88mph

1/4 8.6582 @ 158.97mph

Then they glued the track. Watching a few RWD cars ride the wheelie bars well past the sixty foot, Matt decided to get more aggressive. We dropped the tire pressure a little more, set the boost controller to run 26 psi the whole pass, and got a better burnout. Launching at 9 psi and it stuck! Unfortunately this was too much for the drivetrain. Something let go about 1 second into the run and it reved to ~8000 RPM. At first glance it appears that the driver side axle let go, but we will have to do a full inspection before knowing for certain what broke. We'll update once the info is available.

Video

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

Best site in the world for grand prixs is www.clubgp.com

Best tuner to consult with is www.zzperformance.com

I could go on and on about what to do and not to do. The stock GP M90 is a heat pump and can not take a 3.4" pulley mod without supporting mods like a tune, headers, exhaust, and down pipe, etc. Call ZZP at that website above and they will get you started in the right direction. You can build an 11sec GP for under $5k with no problem if you turn the wrench yourself. ZZP built my GP with just a cam, headers, tune, exhaust, CAI, and a 3.0" pulley and I went 12.94 with it. Intercoolers or a cam are requisite to go under a 3.4" pulley and as many have found out with grenaded motors, even sometimes a 3.4" is too much without an intercooler or cam. Good luck. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Prepare to put your research thinking cap on though...there is a decade of performance information for the L67 L32 family of engines out there.

ZZP Smashes the 3800 FWD ET Record!

Sat 10-18, we headed out to Knoll Gas Motorsports Park today for their test/tune session. The first pass out of the trailer, boost was set to 22 psi. The burnout was poor so the car was launched at a paultry 4psi. Boost was bumped to 24 in the back half. This was good enough to take the record back by a significant margin and close in on 160mph traps.

60' 1.4232

1/8 5.6610 @ 129.00mph

1/4 8.7292 @ 159.52mph

For the second pass, we dropped the tire pressure a little, got a little better burnout, and launched at 7 psi.

60' 1.3560

1/8 5.5823 @ 128.88mph

1/4 8.6582 @ 158.97mph

Then they glued the track. Watching a few RWD cars ride the wheelie bars well past the sixty foot, Matt decided to get more aggressive. We dropped the tire pressure a little more, set the boost controller to run 26 psi the whole pass, and got a better burnout. Launching at 9 psi and it stuck! Unfortunately this was too much for the drivetrain. Something let go about 1 second into the run and it reved to ~8000 RPM. At first glance it appears that the driver side axle let go, but we will have to do a full inspection before knowing for certain what broke. We'll update once the info is available.

Video

well i dont want him beating the truck ahaha i did a little reading and some guys are saying the 04+ 3.8's have no u bends so thats one less mod... and obviously everyone has opinions but i also read i can do a 3.5" with just an intake... BS? idk what do you think?

well i dont want him beating the truck ahaha i did a little reading and some guys are saying the 04+ 3.8's have no u bends so thats one less mod... and obviously everyone has opinions but i also read i can do a 3.5" with just an intake... BS? idk what do you think?

What year is your dad's GP? I had the SLP 3.5" pulley, CAI, and Loudmouth cat-back on my '04 GTP. It ran fine with the stock tune, the only downside was a fried cat from repeated throttle abuse........and the '04+ models do not have that stupid U-bend in the exhaust for the rear 02 sensor from what I can remember.

BTW, if you are interested, I still have the CAI and bellows upgrade from my GTP.......I may also have the SLP Pulley Puller also. I left the SLP pulley and cat-back on the car when I sold it........

hes got an 06 gt wich in 06 was the "gtp" i think its becaise they changed to the series III im not positive on the GP stuff i just started looking into iti will look up the intakes if its the same maby we can make a deal

hes got an 06 gt wich in 06 was the "gtp" i think its becaise they changed to the series III im not positive on the GP stuff i just started looking into iti will look up the intakes if its the same maby we can make a deal

The GTP was axed and became the GT in '06 when the V8 powered GXP was released. The Series III 3800 w/Gen V Eaton M90 was released in the '04 model year(L32). Let me know if you are interested when the time comes, I can send you pics of the intake......they should be the same includingthe upgraded bellows........

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

i believe stock is a 3.8" pulley weird because its a 3.8 motor :D but i havnt seen anything bigger than a 3.5" pulley sold (aftermarket) which is leading me to believe youes is 3.5" along with the rumor that you need to do a tstat and plugs or youll pop your motor with a 3.4

any way i would be very pleased after talking to you guys to give him similar mods and get him into 13's in one christmas!! who knows maby next year a pcm and cat back?