Thread Rules: Politics/religion

SSThunder

is that so? please elaborate. . .in the first half of your paragraph your saying its ok to be "off-topic", but towards the end your saying its not. . .so are you confused or am I?

Right before that it says "on the Topic of politics".

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid:

Joey SSS, 12'SROCK, 03maSSS - you have every right and all the tools at your disposal to not read the Off-Topic section; there is also a member block function, I will be more than understanding if you go ahead and use it.

Mel - you read a lot more into what I said that what was posted, I wish I had the opportunity to clarify the point of what I was trying to communicate. You're still cool with me, I clearly see that you were pressing/arguing your point in an insult-free way and I respect you on that; I hope that it is clear to you that even though our perspectives differ I do value you enough to hear your point.

Dave - yup can't agree more, you're right some people cannot stay rational on some subjects. No person was insulted or personally injured, IMO the thread lock was premature. But I believe you when you say that you are just implementing someone else's policy, and I understand you do not make the policy. Behavior like this limelights how administration has changed on the forum these last couple years. And I could discuss why I observe the current policy as flawed and why it wasn't the right course of action, but (unlike yesterday's topic) that would truly be opening a political topic (forum politics) and of course that's discouraged here...

Mr. P.

Well as i mentioned in my earlier comment that this is just my opinion, and as you mentioned for me not to read off topic posts(I normally do not). Working on my truck and utilizing this forum for that purpose is my way of getting away from the problems of life, not posting them here or reading yours and others. I could really care less what people post on this forum, if i don't like it, i will not read it. But if its starts to get out of control, i am sorry but i will not visit this forum any longer. i have a common sense approach to things, this is a truck performance forum not "my space". But then i am engaging an off topic discussion that reads like some sort of soap opera.

its still part of an "OFF TOPIC" subject which you are for

NO..the forum clearly states no topics about politics and religion...Ok Art I get it..You only care about this site to sell your carbon fiber and HID's because its obviously not about making friends...It is truly sad when you cant come to your friends for support unless your trying to sell something to them.

Oh and I do rememeber the Zeigiest Thread you started wich is a movie completely about politics and religion so dont act like you dont contribute to off topic NON truck related things as well.

NO..the forum clearly states no topics about politics and religion...Ok Art I get it..You only care about this site to sell your carbon fiber and HID's because its obviously not about making friends...It is truly sad when you cant come to your friends for support unless your trying to sell something to them.

Oh and I do rememeber the Zeigiest Thread you started wich is a movie completely about politics and religion so dont act like you dont contribute to off topic NON truck related things as well.

thats for people like you who believe in all the government BS going on, and have no clue about the real truth. And who are you to say all i care about it sales? you have no idea how many countless PMs i get regarding truck help/tech/questions and i always reply to answer them or steer them in a direction of those who could no matter how many times they PM me! your bashing me because i sell things on here, why because you dont?

thats for people like you who believe in all the government BS going on, and have no clue about the real truth. And who are you to say all i care about it sales? you have no idea how many countless PMs i get regarding truck help/tech/questions and i always reply to answer them or steer them in a direction of those who could no matter how many times they PM me! your bashing me because i sell things on here, why because you dont?

No I honestly dont care who sells what on here...I'm bashing you because you basically are proud at the fact you dont give 2 SHITS about any of the memebrs on here unless they talk about truck related issues only..I am just showing you that you also post non truck related BS on this site so your a hypocrite for bashing others who do the same....If thats truly how you feel about the people on this forum then its truly sad..When I lost my Oscar in April this forum rallied around me showing me much needed support..It was very comforting to know I had friends on here I can count on in a time of need just have you basically come on here and say you dont give a shit and dont want to here about anyones personaly problems is a ****ing pathetic attitude to have Art torwards your "friends". I really dont get it...

And this is a truck forum remmeber..you said that ..so why are you preaching to me about government BS? last i checked that wasnt truck related

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

Maybe so but if this was strictly a truck discussion forum it wold be rather boring actually. I consider this forum an online community and you as my friends and if i need your prayers and support and what not I should be able to come in here and ask for that help with out someone being like..I dont want to hear about you losing your job or your mom being sick etc....you are all missing the point of a friendship.

:withstupid: I look forward to the many freindships created. Wether it be for a common illness/sickness we both have and can help coach each other through it, or just a question about our trucks undercarriage spray....I have friends on here for both reasons....and I also look forward to seeing a random post that I can help add an opinion or info to (never would add a negative comment). I just think politics and religion are something that everyone will never agree upon imo. Keep SSing :chevy: .....

No I honestly dont care who sells what on here...I'm bashing you because you basically are proud at the fact you dont give 2 SHITS about any of the memebrs on here unless they talk about truck related issues only..I am just showing you that you also post non truck related BS on this site so your a hypocrite for bashing others who do the same....If thats truly how you feel about the people on this forum then its truly sad..When I lost my Oscar in April this forum rallied around me showing me much needed support..It was very comforting to know I had friends on here I can count on in a time of need just have you basically come on here and say you dont give a shit and dont want to here about your personaly problems is a ****ing pathetic attitude to have Art torwards your "friends". I really dont get it...

And this is a truck forum remmeber..you said that ..so why are you preaching to me about government BS? last i checked that wasnt truck related

that wasnt BS that i posted anyway, my attitude or how i act/show feelings toward others here is non of your concern nor is it your place to tell me otherwise, and if you dont like it, BUILD ME A BRIDGE, CRY ME A RIVER, AND GET OVER IT!

im done with all the sissy fit shit

its still part of an "OFF TOPIC" subject which you are for

So with this comment you're arguing whether or not their should be ANY restrictions on off topic forum? So, you want to remove off topic completely, as there is no in between. If you can't talk politics in here, then you can't talk about anything? Makes no sense. I simply stated in a not so "here it is" that I agree with the rule against not talking politics. However, I disagree with any notion of removing the off topic thread as you apparently want to, due to the fact that politics and personal life are apparently the exact same thing and need to be looked at it the same way; according to you.

:withstupid: I look forward to the many freindships created. Wether it be for a common illness/sickness we both have and can help coach each other through it, or just a question about our trucks undercarriage spray....I have friends on here for both reasons....and I also look forward to seeing a random post that I can help add an opinion or info to (never would add a negative comment). I just think politics and religion are something that everyone will never agree upon imo. Keep SSing :chevy: .....

Yeah people will never agree on politics and religion. I also agree with most that any thread started about politics/religion should be closed. I just don't think that any thread should be closed if policts come up in the thread.

Now we don't need to bash each other in this thread. I'm not asking about your political/religious feelings. We're adults here.

that wasnt BS that i posted anyway, my attitude or how i act/show feelings toward others here is non of your concern nor is it your place to tell me otherwise, and if you dont like it, BUILD ME A BRIDGE, CRY ME A RIVER, AND GET OVER IT!

im done with all the sissy fit shit

OK but it yours to repeatably come into this thread and tell us this is no place to post personal matters?

I'm not throwing a sissy fit but i do think your slapping me and others in the face for your lack of respect to others who do feel the need to post something personal or what not in the off topic section for our comments,suggestions, and/or support.

Your right..I cant suggest you grow a heart and i only wish i waas as strong as you to the point i never need to reach out to my friends for any support...That being said I CAN suggest you quit making it a point to bash anyone else who does.

OK but it yours to repeatably come into this thread and tell us this is no place to post personal matters?

I'm not throwing a sissy fit but i do think your slapping me and others in the face for your lack of respect to others who do feel the need to post something personal or what not in the off topic section for our comments,suggestions, and/or support.

Your right..I cant suggest you grow a heart and i only wish i waas as strong as you to the point i never need to reach out to my friends for any support...That being said I CAN suggest you quit making it a point to bash anyone else who does.

why because you said so? request denied