Been Looking At 05-06 Gto's

Les Hall

So I've been checking out a few 05 & 06 GTO's for sale close by,,,I love the look of them inside & out,,few Automatics, & sticks,,,,Anyone know of anything bad about them? I've never known anyone thats had one. I know they claim to be around 400-horse just wander are they really that quick? I got a buddy with an 02 Ws6 that is scarey fast,,,programmer & CAI and it's smokes the new SRT8 Challenger. It's the 5.7 ram-air,, just wandering if the GTO's 6.0 has that kinda speed? I can get WS6 cheaper but I really like the look of the GTO's and no one in town has one,,(small town) only one other SS besides mine. any info on them???

i test drove both one night when i was mad at the sss and i kept the truck for a reason, next to driving my big heavy truck those small cars dont feel ANY more ballzier than the truck they almost FEEL sluggish but thats just my thoughts of them other than that theyre a sharp car kinda sleeperish if you dump some cash into them for mods

I too love the gto's and they are pretty quick, not vette quick but pretty quick. The ony problem with them is they are australian made peices of crap, and most all the parts have to be ordered from there. If you dont mind that they are badass. Just my .02.

Thanx for the input guys, my last seven rides were trucks, just can't seem to find a car that feels right to me, and has some get up & go to it,, almost bought a Camero SS a few years ago but it just rode to rough,,I had an

86-Z28 back in my teens but they just don't ride as good since I'm hit my 30's. guess I'll see how the GTO's ride.

the 02 ws6 has the ls1 engine in it, same one that the corvette's back then had in them. i know the gto engine is an ls model also ( possibly the ls6 ) also a corvette engine so it should be just as quik as the ws6. i personally would go with a ws6 you really dont see them around much.

" billws6" the 02 ws6 has the ls1 engine in it, same one that the corvette's back then had in them. i know the gto engine is an ls model also ( possibly the ls6 ) also a corvette engine so it should be just as quik as the ws6. i personally would go with a ws6 you really dont see them around much.

Yeah I like the W6s, super sharp with the ram-air hoods,,I think there are three of them in town , but no GTO's

so I'd have the only one in town for a little while,,unless it's like when I got my SS,,I had the only one for about a month,,then a red one showed up,lol

Had to do a quick edit,,lol I quoted my own post

Edited by Les Hall (see edit history)

I really like the 05-06 GTO's. I drove a 04 6 speed with a ls1 in it and it rode fantastic. I haven't had the pleasure of driving a 6.0 GTO but I would definatly get a 6 speed. The 03-04 cobras are a even match to the 6.0 6 speed gto factory to factory. Throw in some mods and it will do pretty good for being a heavy set coupe.