How To Repalce The Interior Door Bulb

NebraSSka truck

I am talking about the interior courtesy light on the bottom of the door.

I tried prying on the cover but it won't budge without doing damage to the lens.

I tried removing the pocket on the lower half of the door to see of I could access the bulb. -Can't get this out either.

The only other alternative I see is to remove the door panel. What a pain in the a$$ to replace one exipred bulb. :banghead:

Has anyone ran into this dilemma as well? Is there an easier way that I am overlooking?

its a PITA but the way your doing it is the correct way. if your looking at the door panel, pry on the right side of the light and it should come out that way. use your fingers between the panel and the screw driver to pop it out. aslo whe you remove it the light socket in the back will snap on and off too but sometimes the bilb will remain inside the housing but isnt that hard to remove. good luck

its a PITA but the way your doing it is the correct way. if your looking at the door panel, pry on the right side of the light and it should come out that way. use your fingers between the panel and the screw driver to pop it out. aslo whe you remove it the light socket in the back will snap on and off too but sometimes the bilb will remain inside the housing but isnt that hard to remove. good luck

you said it all art. it takes patients and finess. just take your time and be careful

:withstupid: Art is absolutely correct. Just take some time and don't rush it. I had to just take mine out since I put all the stock lights back in as the LED's kept burning out. Maybe the single LED lights like I have for the license plate would work better and for longer, but the multi ones seem to die pretty quick.

:withstupid: Art is absolutely correct. Just take some time and don't rush it. I had to just take mine out since I put all the stock lights back in as the LED's kept burning out. Maybe the single LED lights like I have for the license plate would work better and for longer, but the multi ones seem to die pretty quick.

hhmmm thats strange i never had any problems with my LEDs, ill check the brans on them an let you know and see if they work for you. they are the tyoe that look like they have a little circuit board

hhmmm thats strange i never had any problems with my LEDs, ill check the brans on them an let you know and see if they work for you. they are the tyoe that look like they have a little circuit board

Yeah, let me know. I got all mine from Superbrightleds, and like I said, I've had 3 or 4 go out on me which just pissed me off. Where did you pick yours up from?

Yeah, let me know. I got all mine from Superbrightleds, and like I said, I've had 3 or 4 go out on me which just pissed me off. Where did you pick yours up from?

i got mine from a local accessory shop, they were like $20 per pair or something like that. i just can think of the brand of them, i know the makers of the LEDs are from Ontario, Ca though