Muffler Options On 06 Vortecmax

lq9crew

Guys,

I am looking in to my options for a muffler replacement on my 2006 VortecMax, and don't want to spend the money on a catback as the

pipes stock on the truck are pretty stout. The muffler is dual in/out just like the SSS and Denali.

Are there any direct fit mufflers in STAINLESS that could be welded in after the original is cut out? I found the Flo-Pro through this site,

which claims to have a direct fit, but are only sold in aluminized steel :nonod: . I live where the roads are white in winter (SALT) and don't want to have to worry about rust for a long time.

Besides the direct fit, what else has been done for mufflers and keeping the stock pipes?

Here is how I see my options, in now particular order....

-Flo-Pro...why can't these be stainless? I'd have one on already!

-Two seperate mufflers with extensions to fit in the stock location?

-Dual In/Single Out with new tail pipe?

-Universal Dual In/Dual Out with stock pipes modified to fit?

-Quit being a cheap ass and buy a catback?

I have read on here or on another site that the stock muffler only flows out one of the outlets, and the other is a built in type of resinator. Is this true?

Would it be possible to open a stock muffler and make it flow out both of the outlets? :dunno: Who want to donate there take off to me? :rollin:

I know its a long post, but please fellow LQ9ers, give me some guidance!!!!!!

I am in the same boat. I am wanting to get a new muffler for my SSS also but am not sure what I want. Probably just change out the muffler because the stock piping seems large enough and I want to keep the stock look. Any help please.