Intermediate Steering Shaft

mcmahan

as the title states i have a appointment tomorrow with titus-will chevrolet tomorrow in tacoma washington. i talked to the service dept. and the are going to replace it for free since its a know gm problem. takes about 30min to do so im excited about it no more clunking ect... for those of you who still have this problem i would recomend calling the nearest service dept. and see if they can do that free of charge. good luck fellas Justin

yea im out of warranty for sure they said thats its no biggy. since its a know problem and gm has reconized this it shouldnt matter. my dad says its not a recall but it may as well be. so its worth a shot

brought the truck into the dealership last week, they said they would replace mine, and a leaking axle seal? but i still had to pay the $100 warranty deductable. Is that something i should have to pay for, or shouldnt they do it for free?

I told my dealership ($200 deductible) it didnt make sense to pay my deductible/service instead of buying the $60 part, they then replied that they would run over the vehicle to check other things out and make sure its ok. At that point I was ready to hang up on them....That was in August. They want that deductible $$$ bad.

Since I don't trust the dealer service departments, I wouldn't bring it back for just that. If I had some major warranty work that I really had to bring it into the dealer for, then I'd have them do that too. I've done the "in & out grease redistribution" fix often enough that it takes me only 5 minutes. I usually do it every other oil change when I'm under the hood anyway.

mine just started doing that,but if i take it in they might not do it because of my mods.i voided my warranty

Ivan, your performance mods have absolutely nothing to do with a defective steering shaft. If the dealer is telling you that your entire warranty is void because of your mods, they are full of fluff. Your steering shaft being warrantied should be without question since it is a known GM problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Ivan, your performance mods have absolutely nothing to do with a defective steering shaft. If the dealer is telling you that your entire warranty is void because of your mods, they are full of fluff. Your steering shaft being warrantied should be without question since it is a known GM problem.

cool thanks for the info im gonna give it a shoot