Has anyone used Superchips.com

noweeds.net

I am curious too. Now, for all my f-body and vette experience, any type of computer programmer does squat for performance. On the other hand being able to change a few other parameters such as fan switch and shift points is pretty nice. I would really like to find out which programmer would be best for towing.

• 2 weeks later...

A performance chip can make a difference. I actually have been looking around for one for the silverado ss and none are available yet. All the different manufacturers chips do about the same thing: change timing, shift firmness, etc. I actually am in the process of starting my own business selling performance products and have a contact that sells superchips, jet performance chips, and hypertech programmers. As soon as I hear about one for the SS I will let you know as well as tell you what kinda of difference it made for me because I am sure I will be getting one too! Plus I will be sure to give everyone a great deal if they decide to buy one from me!

• 2 weeks later...

Go with the Diablo Programmer...........

Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like more info on it. You can also check out www.runningwiththedevil.com and www.diablosport.com for more info.

However both places are over-priced, you'll find that these are the best programmers on the market today (they should be avalible for the 03's within the month)

Let me know if you want more info.

[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

i bought a Hypertech Power Programmer for my '01 Silverado's Vortec 5300. i might as well have taken my $300, put it in a paper bag and burned it. it actually slowed me down in the 1/4 mile and felt as though nothing changed. all this on top of wasting more $$$ on a full tank of 93 octane. luckily, Summit Racing was well aware of these complaints before and refunded my money. my only complaint is that they should stop selling this junk, if they know it doesnt work.

• 1 month later...

My Magnacharger uses a Superchips programmer to make the changes for the supercharger. But in my case, real changes needed to be made so things would function properly. My concern is if they do a "lock" on the PCM, which would prevent me from making adjustments via LS1Edit :eek: . If you are looking into getting a one of these kinds of programmers, be careful they do not lock you out. They will let you revert to stock, but if you want to go make your own adjustments on top of theirs, you might be disappointed.

If you want a good programmer, you cant beat the diablo. It is by far the best one out, but if you are planning on getting some serious mods done, get teh LS1edit and get a custom onemade, that will kick the crap out of anything you can buy off the shelf

I used the Hypertech programmer in my 2000 LT and noticed a big increase in power. When I swapped it in last year I sent it back to the factory to program it for 2002's. It did not do much for the 2002's. Hoping they do a program for the SS's. It costs $200.00 to have it reprogrammed. The Hypertech also raised your speed limiter to 128 mph, reprogram shift points to your choosing, raised the rev limiter from 5600 to as much as 6200.

Archived