Time For Brakes

Jeff B

OK, I am going to be getting a boat in the near future and I don't think my spongy brakes are going to hack it. 2004 AWD SS with 60K miles.

My plan is to do 14" powerslot rotors in the front, new pads all around and stainless lines, but have a few questions.

What pads would be a good match for the powerslot fronts?

Which stainless lines fit the best or should I have some custom made at the local hydraulic shop to match the stock rubber ones?

I would also like to take care of the e-brake while I am at it. Right now the ebrake pedal goes to the floor and barely does anything. Is there a kit for this? New shoes? Not entirely sure how the ebrake works, but I am assuming it is the same as my corvette with a drum ebrake inside the rotor.

Thanks

Is it earl's or russell's that have had a few lines break? Seems like I heard something about that

My mechanic broke one of my earls lines during install. He put the line on backward (where the bango adaptor goes to the caliper) and tighten it down and broke it.

Does anyone know the part# on the Earl's lines? Iwas looking to buy some, but they don't show up for the SSS in the app. guide. Are they the same as what is on the silverado 4WD or 2WD?

Same as the 4WD I think, Summit part # EAR-28A640ERL

My e-brake was fine with the stock brakes. I putStainless Steel brake kit on, and now the pedal goes to the floor. I haven't had time to look at it, but does anyone know what I should be looking for?

I assume the e-brake pedal goes to the floor with little resistance? Check to make sure the cable didn't pop loose from the drum assembly. :dunno:

Does anyone know if this is the same part# for AWD? Summit lists this Part # for 2WD. I could be wrong, but I think the 4WD trucks all use rear drums.I'm ready to order some and want to be positve about the parts

AFAIK, full size GM trucks of this body style didn't get rear drums until '05 1/2 +.........